Looking for top highest paying non-IT jobs in India? A glance at the job postings advertised by technology companies in India tells us that these firms are not just hiring for hard-core technical roles.
We listed the top 10 highest paying non IT jobs in India. This list is updated and irrespective of your work level, beginner/entry-level or middle level, these will help you decide the direction you want to go in next. There is a rising demand for professionals in areas like marketing, product design, and management. According to Glassdoor, about 43 percent of the roles are non-tech. Also, some of them offer attractive pay packages to skilled practitioners. Read on to know about the highest paying non-IT jobs in India.
Table of Contents
Highest Paying Non-IT Jobs in India
1. Business Analyst
About the job: A business analyst assesses the processes, systems, and business model to find out about the organization’s technology integration. This occupation is concerned with devising the best solutions that fit the business need in terms of technology and talent investments.
- To identify sales trends
- To analyze competition in the market
- To interact with customers and clients
- To form a thorough understanding of user needs and preferences
- To provide personalized service
- To drive operational efficiency for higher performance and revenue
Average business analyst salary in India is ₹607,209.
Top employers for business analyst openings in India:
2. Market Research Analyst
About the job: One of the highest paying non IT jobs in India, Market research analysts design and shape the plans to advertise market products and services of an organization. They can work full-time as a part of the marketing teams or on a contractual basis as independent consultants.
- Evaluate data collection methods, including questionnaires, surveys, opinion polls, etc.
- Interpret data, perform statistical analysis, and organize the information in the form of tables and reports
- Present findings using charts, graphs, and other visual means
- Assist clients and executives in making informed decisions about product introduction, modification, and marketing initiatives
- Visualize industry trends and conduct a competitive analysis to showcase the future of specific product offerings
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing strategy and campaigns
Average market research analyst salary in India is ₹354,447.
How market research analyst salary in India increasing with experience:
3. Digital Marketing Strategist
About the job: As a digital marketing strategist, your job is to align business objectives with relevant online marketing channels and platforms. As one of the highest paying non-IT jobs in India, as a digital marketer you would need a basic understanding of marketing principles and content management and a strong working knowledge of the internet and social networks to make a mark in this domain.
- Create an actionable plan to launch a product or service in the marketplace
- Design a detailed content strategy to achieve the desired outcomes
- Work on the site SEO to improve brand visibility and reach
- Manage processes related to inbound marketing, PPC, and AdWords
- Analyze results from the digital marketing campaigns and each channel
- Periodically assess the alignment of strategic objectives with the digital marketing mix strategy
Average digital strategist salary in India is ₹724,138.
How digital strategist salary increases with experience in India:
4. Social Media Manager
About the job: Social media allows marketers to reach customers in the global market in a cost-effective way. In India alone, there are currently more than 326 million active social media users. This profession involves tailoring the marketing strategy and content to match the context of every social media channel (for example, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Quora, etc.)
The primary goal of social media marketing is to boost brand awareness and user engagement. It has also emerged as a critical driver of customer service and satisfaction. In addition to being one of the highest paying non IT jobs in India, it is also a fast-paced one.
- Build, execute, and manage the social media strategy of an organization
- Define social media KPIs and oversee content
- Work with copywriters and designers to maintain the quality of social media posts
- Keep abreast of the best practices and latest trends in social media technologies
- Evaluate the success of social media campaigns and make recommendations to optimize the strategy
- Present the results to senior leadership and make a case for social media marketing in the advertising budgets
Average social media manager salary in India is ₹344,137.
How social media manager salary in India increases with experience:
4. Marketing Manager
About the job: One of the highest paying non IT jobs in India, Marketing managers are in charge of promoting and selling branded products and services. They are at the helm of the marketing strategy of the organization.
- Collate estimates and budgets for marketing campaigns
- Work with advertising agencies, negotiating and finalizing contracts
- Build relationships with media outlets and manage third-party vendors
- Review advertising material for television commercials, print, and online ads
- Analyzing returns from marketing campaigns and reporting them to upper management
Average marketing manager salary in India is ₹701,976.
Top employers for marketing manager openings in India:
Read more: How Does a Digital Marketer’s Salary Grow?
5. Business Development Manager
About the job: Business developers act as a company’s point of contact with its existing and new clients. They provide information about the company’s offerings and bring in new contracts, thus earning significantly high rewards. The entry-level pay for business development roles in India is around INR 24,000 per month. The remuneration for senior-level and managerial positions can go upwards of INR 1,00,000 a month. In addition to being one of the highest paying non IT jobs in India, it is also a fast-paced one.
- To identify sales leads
- To pitch product and service offerings to prospective clients
- To maintain good working relations with clients
- To oversee marketing literature and prepare reports
- To provide feedback to decision-makers in the organization
Average business development manager salary in India is ₹600,480.
Top employers for business development manager openings in India:
6. Management Consultant
About the job: Management consultants offer their expertise in solving business problems, improving performance, and maximizing growth. It is one of the highest paying non-technical jobs in India. In addition to being one of the highest paying non IT jobs in India, it is also a fast-paced one.
- Perform a comprehensive study and analysis of the organization (through data collection, secondary research, client interviews, etc.)
- Prepare business proposals and presentations.
- Participate in strategy making, implementation, and evaluation
- Manage projects and lead capacity-building workshops
- Identify business issues and suggest remedies and innovative solutions.
Average management consultant salary in India is ₹1,149,770
Top employers for management consultant openings in India:
7. Advertising and Media Professional
About the job: The advertising and media industry is competitive but equally rewarding. The starting annual compensation for practitioners in this field is about INR 420,000, which increases commensurate with qualifications, skillfulness, and experience.
- Prepare advertising plans to reach the targeted demographics
- Research markets, collect data and draw meaningful insights
- Design print, audio-visual, and digital ads, as and when needed
- Select media to disseminate the ad campaigns
- Maintain good relations with media outlets
- Test ideas and evaluate them repeatedly to gauge their effectiveness
Average Salary: INR 8,35,865 p.a.
8. Investment Banker
About the job: Investment bankers act as intermediaries in the company-public interface through public offerings, handling stocks, and selling equities. Those with a degree in commerce and economics and MBAs (with a specialization in Finance) can consider taking up a career in investment banking. It has cemented its place as one of the highest paying non-technical jobs in India. Some of the major recruiters in this space include Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, and JP Morgan Chase.
- Develop financial models to value debt and equity
- Assist in raising capital, and mergers, acquisitions and
- Perform due diligence and document live transactions
- Translate client portfolio into presentations
Average investment banker salary in India is ₹995,772.
How investment banker salary in India increases over experience:
9. Legal Counsel
About the job: A legal consultant is generally an attorney who helps a corporation with regards to matters of law.
- To act as a legal expert on compliance issues
- To draft templates for employment policies, plan documents, governance and administration administration
- To identify problems and updates and notify the same to internal and external clients
Average Salary: INR 7,86,138 p.a.
10. Graphic Designer
About the job: Graphic design is a creative career option that is open to individuals from non-tech disciplines as well. It combines text, images, and visual concepts to communicate ideas and appeal to the target audience.
- To develop the overall layouts and templates of communication and outreach materials
- To design and produce advertisements, corporate reports, brochures, magazines, etc.
Average graphic designer salary in India is ₹299,417.
Popular employers for graphic designer openings in India:
11. Technical Writer
About the job: As one of the highest paying non IT jobs in India, Technical writing involves collection, documentation, and dissemination of content to customers, designers, and manufacturers. Individuals with a background in engineering, computer science, and information technology can look at this non-tech career as a potential option.
- Break down complex topics into easy-to-understand information
- Create white papers, journal articles, instruction manuals, and reference guides
- Write technical reports to update C-suite executives
Average technical writer salary in India is ₹486,985.
Top employers for technical writers opening in India:
12. Content Manager
About the job: In modern workplaces, content managers are tasked with managing online multimedia content strategies.
- Manage content teams, including contributions from individual copywriters
- Grow and engage the online community of a brand
- Track community activity and execution of content plans
Average content manager salary in India is 509,938.
How content manager salary in India increases with experience:
13. Quality Assurance Manager
About the job: QA analysts and managers ensure that the organization’s products meet the internal and external standards before they go out into the marketplace. Quality management is a vital pillar of customer satisfaction and brand management, as well.
- Set procedures for quality assurance
- Give direction to quality control personnel
- Update the product manager about any issues that may arise
- Analyze quality control reports
- Find avenues for efficiency enhancement
Average quality assurance manager salary in India is ₹1,172,101.
Top employers for quality assurance manager openings in India:
14. Customer Relationship Manager
About the job: Individuals with a background in business administration and communication-related disciplines can take up a career in customer relationship management. You can later advance to high-paying posts like that of account managers.
- Build sales and maintain relations with customers and prospects
- Resolve customer and client complaints and give timely responses
- Expand customer base through upselling and cross-selling
- Keep customers in the loop about new product developments
- Review business performance from the context of CRM programs
Average Salary: INR 7,19,214 p.a.
15. Product Manager
About the job: Product manager is a coveted position that deals with hand holding the product offerings of tech and non-tech companies right from concepts to the launch. Product managers need to be proficient in working with cross-functional teams and effectively communicating the directions. In addition to being one of the highest paying non IT jobs in India, it is also a fast-paced one.
- Develop product development strategies
- Set the roadmap for products and product lines
- Specify functional requirements and features
- Guide the product throughout its lifecycle
Average product manager salary in India is ₹1,677,971.
Top employers for product manager openings in India is:
Standard Requirements for Non-IT Jobs
There are various opportunities available for candidates from non-IT backgrounds, both in terms of industry dynamics and employability. Many others take the entrepreneurship path and start their ventures to translate their specializations into action. Through all these possibilities, soft skills and practical experience run as common threads for success.
Those looking forward to lucrative careers in non-tech fields should pay attention to developing their articulation, problem-solving, and collaboration abilities. Moreover, it would be best to keep the learning approach exploratory rather than being too deterministic.
You can consider taking up an internship or an entry-level job to gain industry exposure. Working across different functions within an organization and simultaneously interacting with outsiders can provide a suitable training ground for higher studies.
Today, several online programs are catering to the learning needs of professionals and freshers. With advanced certificates and formal credentials, you can differentiate your profile to land the highest-paid non-IT jobs in India. Check out the following courses on upGrad:
- PG Certification in Digital Marketing & Communication
- MBA – Liverpool Business School
- MBA – Deakin Business School
- MBA with specialization in Business Analytics
- Product Management Certification Program
A Quick Recap
In a nutshell, there are many other career options in the IT industry besides conventional jobs like a developer, engineer, or data scientist. This article focused on providing a comprehensive view of the highest paying non-IT jobs in India. We also gave you an overview of the desired capabilities and credentials that recruiters typically look for in a candidate.
With the above resources, you can explore career options in diverse fields that pique your interest and match your expertise. Use this list as a guide map for your preparation and prioritize learning those skills that contribute to your personal and professional growth.