A Detailed List of Top 6 Keyword Research Tools Trending in 2020
Keyword research is not only about a “WORD”, but also about some trending “PHRASES” and “QUESTIONS” that people put in the search box while looking for the products and/ or services they need. These keywords, phrases, or questions are a pivotal part of all kinds of marketing campaigns. However, finding out what set of words your target audience is using to search for their queries is not that easy.
Best Digital Marketing Courses Online
Advanced Certificate in Brand Communication Management - MICA
Advanced Certificate in Digital Marketing and Communication - MICA
Performance Marketing Bootcamp - Google Ads from upGrad
To Explore all our courses, visit our page below.
Digital Marketing Courses
But, wait! How about if you had some best keyword research tools that you can use to find winning keywords and attract quality traffic to your website?
Yes, here we have compiled a list of the best keyword research tools that you can use to improve your search engine ranking and boost your business.
With these keyword research tools, you can:
- Know which keywords have the highest search volume.
- Figure out the top keywords, monthly searches, and much more.
- Create a content calendar based on phrases or long-tail keywords.
- Compare multiple keywords to know the interests of your audience over time.
- Know more about your business competition and strategy to stay alive in the industry.
- Improve your SEO game and search engine ranking.
- Explore all the opportunities that lie in SEO, SMO, PPC, and content marketing.
- Get market insights and uncover the strategies of your competitors.
In-demand Digital Marketing Skills
Are you ready to bring all these benefits to your business? Feeling excited to know more about the best keyword research tools?
Let’s get started.
Best Keyword Research Tools
“Which is the easiest keyword research tool?”
The answer is “SEMRUSH.”
SEMrush offers so much more than just figuring out the winning keywords.
All you need to do is add a top-ranking URL based on your business, and it will show you the list of all the short-tail and long-tail keywords that are ranking for that page.
This makes it easier for you to get in-depth keyword data such as:
- Search engine reports.
- Keyword difficulty analysis.
- Keyword traffic volume.
- CPC distribution statistics.
- And many other details to do systematic keyword research.
SEMrush is a top-ranking and highly recommended keyword research tool.
Read about: How To Do YouTube Keyword Research
Looking for the fastest growing tool that is solely dedicated to “KEYWORD RESEARCH”?
Then, KWFINDER is for you.
The KWFinder platform makes it easy for you to find the keywords that can help you attract highly targeted traffic and beat your competitors. This tool features the option of question-based keyword research that helps you find long-tail keywords and create query-solving content.
Not to mention, query-solving content helps in getting targeted traffic and conversion.
KWFinder makes it easy to:
- Navigate the user interface.
- Get statistics for competitive keywords.
- Find an in-depth SERP overview with valuable suggestions.
- Use filters to refine the suggested keyword list.
Digital Marketing Free courses to Learn
3. Google Trends
“What is the most trusted and underrated keyword research tool?”
The answer is “GOOGLE TRENDS.”
Google Trends visualizes the search volume of a keyword over time.
For example, if we put the term “PROTEIN POWDER” in the search box for the last five years, we will notice that the search volume of the term has somewhat spiked every year.
But, how is it helpful for keyword research?
Well, this data is valuable because it will save you from wasting your efforts on a trend that is obsolete and will show you what is in vogue.
Besides, Google Trends helps you compare multiple keywords at a time and find out what matters more to your audience.
So, if you are running an online store to sell health-building products and have to prioritize one of these two keywords:
It is a no-brainer that you will go with “PROTEIN POWDER”.
You can use Google Trends to find the search volume of a specific keyword across various regions and languages.
Read: SEO Salary in India
4. Answer the Public
Looking to find the set of winning keywords to improve the SEO of your website but, don’t have a budget for the paid tools?
Then, “ANSWER THE PUBLIC” is the best bet for you.
This free keyword research tool will help you find long-tail keywords in different formats, such as:
Let’s clarify the confusion by sticking to the same keyword “Protein Powder”.
The first search result, you will see is based on “QUESTIONS” such as:
What, who, why, where, how, which, when, and so on.
Next is “PROPOSITIONS” such as:
Near, for, to, with, without, and so on.
Now, we have “COMPARISONS” such as:
Versus, and, vs, like, or, and so on.
Lastly, we have “ALPHABETICAL” and “RELATED” search results.
Well, Answer The Public (ATP) is the best keyword research tool but the only thing that the free version of this tool lacks is the keyword volume.
So, if the keyword volume does not matter more to you, ATP is the one you should go for.
5. Google Ads Keyword Planner
Yes, it certainly deserves to be in the list of the best keyword research tools.
It is free, full of features, and has been a favorite tool of digital marketers for many years.
If there is a tool that you can regard as the Alpha and Omega of keyword research tools, it is the “Google AdWords Keyword Planner”.
Here is how to use it:
- Log in to your “Google AdWords” account.
- Go to the “Tools and Analysis tab”.
- Click on the “Keyword Planner.”
- Put your “Search Term” in the search box.
You can use Google Keyword Planner for these top three applications:
- Enter keywords to figure out estimates.
- Multiply keyword lists to find estimates.
- Look for the keyword and ad group ideas.
Also Read: Digital Marketing Tutorial
Do you like Google’s autocomplete feature to suggest a blog post’s or video’s title?
If you have ever relied on this trick, you will surely love “SOOVLE”.
Yes, Soovle provides autocomplete suggestions to help you boost your search volume. This suggestion is not only from Google, but also from various other sources like Yahoo, Wikipedia, Amazon, Bing, YouTube, and so on.
Go to soovle.com and start your search now.
Here, Google is the default search box, but you can switch on the other search engines easily by just clicking on any of the icons below.
Type your term in the search box, and Soovle will suggest you the list of keywords that make sense for your business.
For instance, search for the term “Protein Powder”, and you will find the following suggestions.
Using Soovle is as simple as typing a keyword and pressing the enter key and your result is ready. Review the result and find out what search terms are trending. It is easy, efficient, and quick.
Popular Digital Marketing Blogs
upGrad’s Exclusive Digital Marketing Webinar for you –
What’s new in Marketing?
- If you want an easy but efficient keyword research tool, use SEMRUSH.
- If you are looking for the winning keywords for micro-niche websites, go for KWFINDER.
- If you are looking for a free yet detailed search result, rely on ANSWER THE PUBLIC.
- If you want to use the most popular keyword research tool and require varied results, GOOGLE TRENDS is for you.
- If you want to use a keyword research tool that suggests results from the best of various search engines, slay it with SOOVLE.
No matter which keyword research tool you like, use it wisely to supercharge your SEO.
This is the Future of Marketing as time pass and more and more people get on the internet,so you got to upskill yourself with Digital Marketing Programs
To gain professional insight, detailed study, and certified programs on these keyword research tools, enroll yourself for online courses and educational programs of upGrad. Also, get Advanced Certificate in Digital Marketing & Communication by specializing in Social Media, Content Marketing, Keyword Research, Branding, Marketing Analytics, and Public Relations.