MBA in Marketing often has a number of projects to enhance your overall learning experience. We take a look at some of the best and unique project topics that you can select during your MBA in the marketing program.
MBA Project Topics & a Brief Description
1. Marketing & Content Strategy, Brand Positioning & promotions that made Vodafone ZooZoo extremely popular and a Key Contributor to Vodafone’s Growth
ZooZoo was launched in the year 2008 during the IPL and it gave the Vodafone marketing strategy a huge boost. It is one of the most iconic brand campaigns in India
2. Building Brand Awareness among target segment via Innovative & Creative Use of Social Media Strategies for a new age youthful travel brand
Social Media strategies if done right helps to create massive Share of Voice and brand engagement with target audiences.
3. Branding & Positioning strategies for a new age D2C( Direct to customer) milk startup( with a tier 1 presence) in tier 2, tier 3 cities
Two very important activities in marketing that can make or break a brand are branding & positioning in the mind of a consumers across various target markets & geographies
4. Analyze consumer behaviour & Design Strategies to Increase Consumer Retention and User Engagement for a video streaming platform for documentaries.
Understanding Consumer behaviour is one of the critical steps in designing effective marketing strategies to engage & retain users specially for Digital Based Platform brands.
5. Study the effects of Branding on consumers in the Real Estate Sector
Real Estate is one sector where branding plays a big role in increasing sales due to the premium pricing of real estate.
Also Read: Best Online MBA Courses
6. Research on effect of BTL marketing on consumer purchase decisions in the FMGC sector
FMCG is a sector where BTL marketing plays a huge role in increasing consumer purchases at the store & retail outlet level.
7. Study on the Brand Positioning of one of the world’s most iconic brands – Coca Cola from its inception till date
The amazing marketing team at Coca Cola has turned a beverage drink into one of the world’s most loved brands using various innovative strategies after understanding consumer behaviour and psychology of the target audience.
8. Study on marketing mix & competitive analysis of Surf Excel brand
Surf Excel has used the marketing mix extensively to stay ahead of completion, position itself in the minds of consumers & gain market share and become one India’s top brands in the laundry detergent category.
9. Study on brand recall & awareness of ICICI Lombard General Insurance in the sector of Home Insurance
ICICI Lombard insurance operates in a crowded market amongst many other insurance competitors and we must analyze if it stand out as a brand and why
10. Analysis on the shaping up of the automobile industry in India – Various Brands, Consumer behaviour patterns, Market Share, Top Marketing Strategies & Campaigns
Automobile industry is one of the most competitive and cut throat industries in India with many domestic & global players. The consumer behaviour patterns are unique and sales are tough. All these factors mean that brands have to work hard on their marketing strategies to stand out.
Must Read: Highest Paying Cities for MBA Graduates
11. Study on Packaging used for various types of products and use of packaging as a marketing tool for brands
Packaging has long been used as a tool for branding promotions and consumers recall brands based on the colors & packaging used for various products.
12. Analysis and study on consumer satisfaction & delight with e-commerce online shopping portals
E-commerce has been booming in the last 6-7 years across the country but are consumers really satisfied with their online shopping experience or there are still some pain points yet to be addressed?
13. Impact of Customer Service on customers in the Telecom Industry in the last 10 years
Customer Service is the huge part of after sales service that can enhance the customers overall experience & delight them so that they keep them coming back for repeat purchases. What would the impact of such an approach in a cut throat industry like Telecom?
14. Effectiveness of Customer loyalty programs used by most of the Retail brands in India
Most retail brands have customer loyalty programs in the form of points or rewards. How effective have these programs been in influencing more repeat purchases from customers?
15. Study of customer satisfaction and impact of word of mouth marketing for automobile brand Maruti Suzuki
Customer satisfaction has a huge impact on word of mouth marketing that influences sales particularly in segments where the pricing is at a higher range like automobile. What impact has this had for Maruti Suzuki, one of India’s most popular brands?
16. Online Customer acquisition strategies for a new age furniture & appliance rental startup
Furniture & rental startups would have to apply the right messaging & targeting strategies along with the right optimization strategies on online channels to reach their target audience on Facebook, Google, Instagram, etc and acquire customers at an acceptable cost.
17. B2B Marketing & Sales strategies for a technology software company offering chatbots
B2B marketing & sales strategies are often very different from B2C and involve a lot of cold calling, cold emails and require a robust content marketing plan along with engagement events like webinars to decision makers at various target companies
18. Use of Gamification as a tool for customer retention & growth hacking in various tech products.
Many tech products nowadays use gamification in various forms to keep users coming back everyday and increase growth & revenue. This has helped them scale immensely
MBA Programs in India
Due to lockdowns across India, multiple universities and b-schools are now offering their MBA programs online. You can consider some of these world class MBA programs offered by top Business schools. India’s biggest online learning platform upGrad offers MBA from Liverpool Business School with specialization in marketing.
You will be given many MBA projects that will enhance your overall learning experience and help you learn the practical application of marketing concepts that various brands have used.
upGrad also offers individual mentoring sessions with industry leaders from various domains. You will also get 360-degree career support and placement assistance throughout the MBA program. upGrad expert mentors will help you build, review your resume, and help you apply for various business roles.