In this Article, you will learn 11 Exciting MBA HR Project Ideas & Topics For Beginners 
- Analysis of Satisfaction Level of Employees in The Telecom Sector.
- A Study on The Various Employee Welfare Schemes at FMCG.
- Analysis of Employee Training Needs in Banking Sector
- Employer Branding Strategies in Struggling Companies
- Analysis of The Performance Appraisal & Bonus Payments
- HR Policies And Implementation at BPO
- Career Progression and Planning & The Impact on Employees in Quick Food Chains
- Employee Retention Strategies
- Role of women in Top Management Positions and its impact on company leadership.
- Employee Engagement Strategies in Information Technology Companies
- Analysis on How Executive Search Firms Find The Right Candidates for Leadership Roles?
Read more to know each in detail.
MBA in HR often has many projects to enhance your learning experience. These projects will allow one to apply theoretical concepts in real-life scenarios. MBA in HR often has a number of projects to enhance your overall learning experience. You will learn to apply concepts and theories you learn during the program and thus improve your overall learning. In India, there is a good scope for MBA in HR. We take a look at some of the best and unique project topics that you can select during your MBA in HR program.
MBA in HR Top Project Ideas
1. Analysis of Satisfaction Level of Employees in The Telecom Sector.
Telecom is a crucial sector employing lakhs of employees. Some of the top brands like Airtel, Jio & Vodafone-Idea work in this sector. This sector is one of the competitive sectors in India with cutthroat competition. The work environments are known to be stressful and the work is tedious. A stressful and tedious work environment is common. So what is the satisfaction level of employees in this sector?
You can also check out our free courses offered by upGrad under IT technology.
The subtopics in the project could entail the impact of globalisation in the telecom sector. And with the advent of competitors in the market, each company tries is sitting at an edge. This is directly proportional to the stress on the workforce. As they are the wheels of the company. Also, another sub-topic could be how the presence of competitors is contributing to the attrition rate of the companies, employees have more options to choose from and would be naturally choosing that company that is employee-centric. This is one of the hot HR related project topics.
Our Learners also read: HR courses online free!
2. A Study on The Various Employee Welfare Schemes at FMCG.
India has many premium & well-known brands in the fast-moving consumer goods sector. They employ lakhs of people with a lot of employee-centric welfare schemes. How have these schemes helped them retain employees for long periods with a very low attrition rate?
How do welfare schemes contribute to retaining employees contributing to the low attrition rate? This is also a very relevant HR project for MBA.
The subtopics of research in this project could be
- A comparison between the FMCG companies and the other companies.
- A comparative case study of the difference between the policies of the FMCG or any other two big companies.
- Anonymous testimonials of the employees of these two respective sets of companies mention how the welfare schemes impact their lifestyle.
- Differentiator factors contribute to low attrition and high attrition rate.
3. Analysis of Employee Training Needs in Banking Sector
Banking is constantly changing in India every year and people in the bank are more consumer-facing and have to deal with millions of consumers many of whom have little or limited knowledge of banking services. Banking is an ever-evolving sector in India, banking professionals are consumer-centric. Training remains constant for employees to service the needs of the customers.
Also, Check out our Advanced Certification in HRM from LIBA
This also means all the employees need to be trained at regular intervals to service the needs of all these customers. What would be the employee training needs in banks?
The subtopics for this HR project could be-
- Behavioral segmentation of the types of customers depending upon the geography.
- Common problem areas the customers come up with and ways to handle those.
- How to deal with tough customers?
- Do’s and Don’t to enhance customer satisfaction
Read: Check out the Scope of MBA for IT professionals
4. Employer Branding Strategies in Struggling Companies
Employer branding helps to position the brand as the number one place to work among students and potential employees. How will you convince people to join struggling companies using various employer branding strategies?
Employer branding helps position the brand as a very good workplace. This creates a reputation among students and job seekers. This is one of the strong MBA HR project topics.
The sub-topics could include the following-
- How to create USP for a company to create that into a brand.
- How and why welfare schemes should be communicated and branded.
- How to utlise networking channels through LinkedIn.
- How to make it look real by putting real employees as the brand ambassador.
5. Analysis of The Performance Appraisal & Bonus Payments
Is the appraisal system structured to reward the best performers in a fair manner or there are gaps? Does the company distribute bonuses fairly among its workforce during good business years? This was among the good HR topics for research project 2021 and it is relevant today as well.
The sub-topics could include-
- Case study of two companies- as to how they approach appraisals, what are their KRA management strategies.
- Case Study on how the employees of these two sets of companies perceive the appraisal. If they are satisfied, feel that it is fair, etc.
- How does appraisal impact the attrition rate of companies?
- Commonly used strategies for appraisal.
Learn online MBA courses from the World’s top Universities. Earn Masters, Executive PGP, or Advanced Certificate Programs to fast-track your career.
6. HR Policies And Implementation at BPO
BPO is a very common concept in India where one company outsources its business processes to another company which helps it operate the business successfully. To operate better, one business outsources its business to another company. Employees work in shifts to match diverse timelines and business processes. What are the HR Policies applicable at BPO and how are they different from other companies? How are these HR policies implemented? These are pertinent questions that need to be asked. This makes for a good HR project topic.
The subtopics could be:
- Job satisfaction among BPO employees.
- Factors contributing to the fear of losing a job.
- Attrition Rate and factors causing it.
Read: Career in marketing and its scope in the US market.
7. Career Progression and Planning & The Impact on Employees in Quick Food Chains
Career Progression is an important motivator for employees to work hard and increase their productivity. Career progression is a big motivation behind increased productivity among employees. Career progression often means better pay, better job role, and more respect. How is employee-centric career progression and planning done in the fast-food chain industry?
The sub-topics could include-
- Impact of employees on food delivery duration.
- How global companies are competing with the national companies in the food delivery chain.
- Why do employees choose to join, attrite, or stay in the company?
- Impact of food delivery employees in growing a company.
- The job satisfaction rate for food delivery employees.
- Career Progression scenario of the food delivery employees.
This is one of the good MBA HR project topics.
Our learners also read: MBA job opportunities!
8. Employee Retention Strategies
Tata Group is one of the biggest employers in India employing lakhs of people. Tata group is known to have the lowest attrition rate and employees retention strategies have been very successful. Low attrition and successful employee retention strategies are the core of the Tata Group. Besides, Tata Group has many employee benefit programs that have motivated employees. How have these strategies been implemented and what has made them so successful? This is one of the good HR related project topics.
Also, Check out online degree programs at upGrad.
9. Role of women in Top Management Positions and its impact on company leadership.
The year 2019-2020 has seen a number of women being elevated to top roles within top organizations. As this positive trend continues, some industries still see fewer women at the top. What is the role of women and what impact has it had on the leadership and management at these companies?
What kind of role have women played and what impact has it had on the leadership and management at these companies?
The sub-topics could include-
- The role of women in the top management.
- Impact the women leader brings to a company.
- Case studies between two sets of companies one where the CEO is a female and the other where the CEO is a male.
- Comparison between quarter numbers for a female and a male CEO.
- What are the contributing factors behind the gender gap in top management positions?
Digital Marketing Free courses to Learn
10. Employee Engagement Strategies in Information Technology Companies
Employee engagement plays a big role in employee satisfaction. It keeps them happy and solves their grievances and engagement. Information technology companies require long working hours with quality work. What type of employee engagement strategies would work here?
The sub-topics could include-
- Contributing factor behind late woring hours.
- Contrbutiingfactors behind attritionrate.
- Reasons why long-tenured employees stayed.
- Comparative case study between two set of IT companies
- A comparative case study can include, employee welfare, grievance, leave, appraisal, etc. polices.
Check out the scope and career options in HR in the USA.
11. Analysis on How Executive Search Firms Find The Right Candidates for Leadership Roles?
Lots of companies generally outsource hiring for leadership roles to executive search firms. These search firms excel at finding the right candidates for leadership roles. How do they manage to do this? What are the methods that they follow?
The sub-topics can include-
- Legacy of leadership roles.
- Contributing factors behind the choosing any candidate for leadership positions
- Commonalities of atleast five recent leaders in the firm.
MBA Programs in India
An MBA enhances the brand value of a professional increasing its marketability. It affects the quality and quantity of job opportunities. Lockdown has made many reputed institutions offer their MBA programs online. There are exciting career options after MBA in HR. The projects we discussed, makes for good HR projects for MBA.
You have the opportunity to choose from the MBA programs offered by top business schools. upGrad, India’s one of the top and trusted higher online learning can help you achieve your aim. It can help you apply for an MBA from Liverpool Business School offering to choose from the six specialisations such as marketing, HR, and many more.
Industry and Capstone projects will help you to apply learned concepts in a practical real-life scenarios. It definitely adds value to your learning experience but also industry-relevant learning gives you an edge such as practical application of marketing concepts that various brands have used. upGrad also offers individual mentoring sessions with industry leaders from various domains. You will get 360-degree career support and placement assistance throughout the MBA program. The assistance will help you to apply for a job with some of the top brands.
upGrad industry experts will mentor and guide you to build your personal brand. They will also review your resume and LinkedIn which will help you in applying for many marketing and business roles across brands.
If you are a working professional or a student, you can do an MBA in HR while being at your place and at your own pace. At upGrad, we aim to move you up in your career with specializations from top universities. You get to learn from the faculty of Liverpool Business School and industry experts and get hands-on knowledge in HR specialization.
With upGrad, you get to learn from the best faculty and experienced industry experts. Earn a global MBA in HR without quitting your job. You will be trained in the discipline with one-on-one interaction with the faculty and industry experts from top colleges.