Check out our free courses to get an edge over the competition.
It changed frontend web development by introducing concepts such as declarative programming, functional and immutable state. Virtual DOM was the other breakthrough that React introduced to provide performance gain and better user experience.
Fig. 2: NPM Trends for 2019 Show React Dominates
- React creates dynamic and interactive UI for mobile applications and websites.
- It efficiently updates and renders the right components as and when there is a change in data.
- The declarative view of React makes the code easily readable and simpler to debug.
- React utilizes an application architecture known as Flux controls for one way data binding.
- React divides a web page into small components to create a simple UI.
Explore our Popular Software Engineering Courses
Check out upGrad’s Full Stack Development Bootcamp (JS/MERN)
Evan You’s main goal while developing Vue.js was to lower the barrier into front end development, which is why it is one of the simplest frontend frameworks that can be used to write SPA applications with minimum effort.
- Its data binding feature assigns values to HTML attributes, assigns classes, and changes style.
- Its CSS Transitions and Animations feature allows developers to apply transitions to HTML elements while they are being added, updated, or even removed from the DOM.
- Vue.js documentation is comprehensive enough for amateur users to be able to develop their own web pages or application.
In-Demand Software Development Skills
Check out upGrad’s Java Bootcamp.
Fig. 4: Angular Leads Number of Downloads According to NPM Trends
- Angular comes with an MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture, with Model referring to the lowest level of the MVC model in which data is stored. The View element showcases data to the user, and the Controller segment is a software code that controls interactions between the View and Model.
- It has a two-way data binding process, wherein Model displays changes in the View and, similarly, the View displays changes in the Model.
- The AngularJS framework allows users to build single-page applications that are fully responsive and easily fit various screen sizes with perfection.
- The applications developed with Angular provide enhanced UX (user experience) as compared to other web applications.
- The organized and simplistic UI of applications based on Angular is due to the use of HTML language to build UI. This framework is especially useful for those looking for a quick, easy to use, and simple solution.
Explore Our Software Development Free Courses
|Blockchain Technology||React for Beginners||Core Java Basics|
Enrol in Online Software Development Courses from the World’s top Universities. Earn Executive PG Programs, Advanced Certificate Programs, or Masters Programs to fast-track your career.
This framework has an intricate architecture that allows the quick building of huge client-side applications and provides multiple useful functionalities.
Fig. 5: Ember Ranks 4th in Terms of Awareness, Interest and Satisfaction Ratio Rankings
- Ember makes use of templates that help developers in automatically updating models if application content is changed.
- It provides users with the Ember Inspector tool that is used for debugging Ember apps.
- Provides users with Ember.js library and Ember Data for the purpose of data management.
- The Ember CLI tool allows quick prototyping and managing dependencies.
Fig. 6: Shows the Percentage of Users for Backbone.js
- Backbone overcomes the problem of a cluttered code by providing event-driven communication between models and views.
- The need to code is lower in the Backbone framework as it leverages conventions, which are a method of introducing a common coding style without the need to develop a large set of coding standards. This, in turn, improves code readability and makes it standardized.
- The BackPlug online repository possesses a significant amount of ready solutions for Backbone-based applications.
- Building Backbone apps is easier with the availability of the Backbone generator.
Fig. 7: StackOverflow Developer Survey Puts Node.js in Top Position in ‘Other Frameworks’
- Since it is cross-platform, it runs on Linux, iOS, macOS, Android, and Windows, among other operating systems.
- Node.js is significantly used in serverless computing due to its fast startup and small size.
- Node.js uses a single-threaded model along with event looping.
- It is highly scalable as it follows an event mechanism that allows the server to respond in a non-blocking manner.
Fig. 8: StackOverflow Developer Survey Shows jQuery As Most Broadly Used Web Framework
- Cross-browser support enables jQuery to work well in Chrome, Opera 9.0+, Firefox 2.0+, Safari 3.0+, and Internet Explorer 6.0+, among others.
- Its community of contributors is bigger and more diverse than that of any other JS library.
- Manipulation of DOM is easy on jQuery through easy to learn API.
- With jQuery AJAX methods, users can request text, HTML, JSON, or XML from remote servers by using HTTP Post and HTTP Get.
If you’re interested to learn more about full-stack development, check out upGrad & IIIT-B’s Executive PG Program in Full-stack Software Development which is designed for working professionals and offers 500+ hours of rigorous training, 9+ projects and assignments, IIIT-B Alumni status, practical hands-on capstone projects & job assistance with top firms.
How is a webserver different from an application server?
The webserver encompasses a web container only, whereas the application server includes an EJB container and a web container. A web server is more suited for static data content, whereas an application server is more suited for dynamic data content. A web server utilizes and consumes lesser resources than an application server. A web server doesn’t support multithreading, whereas multithreading is supported in an application server. In a web server, HTTP and HTML protocols are used, whereas GUI, HTTP, and RPC/RMI protocols are used in an application server. A web server’s capacity is comparatively lower than an application server's capacity.