Marketing focuses on communicating value to sell products/services and meet the wants of customers. While marketing is frequently thought of as a single promotional product (such as an ad campaign), it is actually a collection of activities that explores and delivers an optimal mix of pricing, product development, distribution, and advertising. In business-to-consumer (B2C) marketing, individual customers are the end-users of the product/service, whereas in business-to-business (B2B) marketing, businesses target other businesses within their target market. Marketing is an expansive and complex domain, and hence, the best pathway to mastering it is by pursuing an MBA (Marketing) program.
MBA courses are crafted to impart industry-specific knowledge and help students gain general business management skills. By pursuing an MBA course, students can develop valuable soft skills, including communication skills, interpersonal skills, business acumen, organizational skills, problem-solving abilities, analytical skills, and much more.
Since these skills apply to most industries and related job roles, all MBA graduates can easily find job opportunities across all sectors. Pursuing an MBA degree makes students eligible and competent to take on leadership and managerial positions.
Top highest paying Marketing Career Opportunities in the US
Let us look at the best MBA marketing career options in the US. However, remember that the salaries depend on multiple factors, such as the company’s location & size, job profile, and the applicant’s educational qualifications, skills, and work experience. That being said, the following are the top MBA marketing jobs in the US.
1. Brand Manager
Brand Managers are very dynamic and creative marketing officials. Their primary responsibility is to promote the brand in front of a vast audience. For that, they must have strong faith in the success of the product they are targeting to sell. In addition, brand managers are expected to create a positive impression of the product for their customers.
Many reputed companies seek to hire brand managers who have completed their MBA degrees from the topmost B-schools. They prefer candidates who have a strong ability for long-term strategic thinking, promotion, knowledge about interpretation of the market, and advertisement of the selling product.
- Working with sales teams
- Working with CRM, operations, and advertising managers
- Creating innovative branding strategies to attract the target users
- Establishing a cordial relation with customers
- Enhancing the brand’s value by using top-notch advertising techniques
Average yearly salary: $71,695
2. Customer Relationship Manager
A customer relations manager’s primary role is to analyze detailed information concerning a company’s key customers. Such knowledge of information aids them in knowing about consumer choices, behavior, and preferences. Plus, they strive to engage with pivotal customers to build trust and loyalty.
- Knowing the customer base and building a positive relationship with customers
- Planning and implementing customer retention strategies
- Designing a plan to attract maximum customers for the business
Average yearly salary: $58,479
3. Sales Manager
A sales manager aims to achieve specific targets set by the company to sell its products. They also establish the sales quotas and objectives, design actionable sales strategies, analyze sales data, and mentor and train the sales staff. Apart from this, sales managers supervise the recruiting and firing process. A sales manager must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- They should be team players with excellent leadership qualities
- Create a positive mark in the company’s customer base with their exceptional sales skills
- Establish and maintain a healthy relationship with all stakeholders in the sales pipeline
- Innovate and design consumer-friendly offers to earn the target audience’s trust
Average yearly salary: $62,891
4. Marketing Information Manager
A marketing Information manager works for the companies that maintain MIS Marketing Information Systems. They gather, sort, evaluate, and distribute precise information to all the marketing decision-makers within the organization. MIS managers usually analyze sales reports, past campaign performance reports, and data generated by marketing software.
- Monitor the Marketing Research, Marketing Intelligence, and Marketing Decision Support Systems to predict the growth and sales potential
- Offer marketing research insights to other departments to streamline the departmental strategies.
- Stay updated with the local, national, and international market trends.
Average yearly salary: $115,200
5. Market Research Analyst
Market analyst accumulates all the market-related information and patterns while focusing on a particular crowd. This prompts the accomplishment of the showcasing group just as the outreach group of the association. Market research analysts strive to resolve the specific issues identified within the market. From small and medium-sized firms to reputed companies like Amazon, Flipkart, Facebook, etc., recruit statistical surveying and marketing research experts to improve their understanding of the clients. This is an exceptionally mindful work profile that shapes how the association targets and speaks with its buyers.
- Carefully examine the buyers’ decisions and needs.
- Strategize on how to advertise, pack, and sell products/services to the target user
- Monitor configuration reviews, foster unique exploration systems to assemble data, arrange, and build showcasing methodologies.
Average yearly salary: $55,399
6. Digital Marketing Manager
With so many technological advances, digitization has become a vital piece of our daily life. Advanced showcasing helps marketers to connect with an expansive crowd across multiple digital channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. Digital marketing managers use these tools to promote the right ads to the right audience to convert leads into potential customers. They use techniques like SEO, SEM, PPC advertising, content marketing, email marketing, and much more to attract users’ attention and engage with them.
- To oversee and design all the areas of our digital marketing department, including our marketing database, email, and display advertising campaigns.
- Create and track campaign budgets.
- To plan and manage social media networks.
- To Prepare accurate reports on the overall performance of marketing strategy.
- To identify the latest trends in the industry.
Average yearly salary: $61,000
7. Business Development Manager
Managers responsible for business development play an exceptionally imaginative part in their organizations. Business development managers contact possible clients to establish a good relationship with them and and arrange business meetings. They also plan and oversee new marketing-related initiatives. Researching about competitors and clients is a core part of their duty. Business development managers must have competent negotiation skills and excellent communication skills. Plus, they should also be adept in project management with strong business acumen.
- Meeting the current targets and acknowledging the emerging customer demands
- Exploring new business opportunities and new markets
- Connecting with potential clients and organizing meetings with them
- Plan and execute actionable business growth strategies
Average yearly salary: $74,932
8. Public Relations Manager
Public relations managers oversee and supervise all the media-related operations of a company. As the name suggests, they aim to build and maintain a positive brand image by putting forth favorable stories before the media. PR managers also organize and arrange public meet events, including launch parties, conferences, business meets, etc. They also have to protect their client from any negative publicity at any cost.
- Creating and maintaining a positive public image of the brand
- Publicizing the company’s achievements so that the brand catches the customer’s eye
- Answering questions tactfully and pitching the brand’s success stories to the media
- Preparing media kits, press releases, and organizing public events
Average yearly salary: $71,693
If you want to survive and stay relevant in this cut-throat market, an undergraduate/ postgraduate degree won’t suffice. You’ll need advanced degrees, like an MBA in marketing, to bag lucrative job offers in top companies. upGrad’s Advanced Certificate in Digital Marketing and Communication is a good option for those seeking to complete their MBA while keeping their present job. It gives industry-level guidance with top-notch exposure in many marketing management fields. This short-term course includes 15+ case studies and numerous live projects to help learners sharpen their practical skills.
Why does an MBA in marketing offer lucrative job opportunities?
MBA in marketing deals with promoting and marketing a company’s products/services to a suitable user base. A confident candidate with good marketing and communication skills can become a valuable asset for any company. In this commercial era, it is a wise career move to pursue an MBA in marketing. Why so? Because marketing is a wing that will always be relevant for all businesses, irrespective of their industry. Organizations of all sizes and sectors must sell their offerings to their target audience, and for that, they’ll require qualified and competent marketing experts. Thus, an MBA with marketing specialization will never become redundant in this market.
Companies worldwide are actively looking for skilled marketers who can capture the right audience’s attention and convert them into loyal customers. Furthermore, owing to the inclusion of new technologies across all business operations, MBA graduates are now learning how to work with new-age tools like AI and ML for marketing and brand promotion. The bottom line is – with an MBA (marketing) degree, there’s an endless number of possibilities ahead of you!
With so many evolving job options, the media and marketing sectors seem promising career options for MBA graduates today. Apart from the career choices mentioned in the above options, many marketing graduates can also opt for jobs like sales and logistics managers, after-sales services managers, or even social media marketing managers. Of course, the best part about a marketing career is that you can make good money while gaining industry knowledge through real-world experiences.
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up for an MBA program today!
What are the best colleges for full-time MBA courses in the USA?
The following are some of the best MBA colleges in the USA:
1. Kellogg School of Management
2. Stanford Graduate School of Business
2. Ross School of Business
3. UCLA Anderson School of Management
How much can you earn with an MBA in marketing degree?
The following is the approximate salaries of job options related to MBA in marketing:
1. Marketing director:$118,000
2. Vice president (marketing): $156,000
3. Marketing manager : $80,000
4. Senior marketing manager: $117,000
What are the other options to specialize in for someone pursuing an MBA degree?
Some other fields of specialization for MBA pursuits are:
6. International Relations