A resume is the first impression you paint before a potential employer. Naturally, your resume must be both impressive and professional. It should portray that you are a competent and deserving candidate for the position. Since hiring managers have to go through a ton of resumes for recruitment, it is crucial to create a compelling resume so that you don’t get lost in the crowd of resumes.
Today’s post is all about building an impressive RPA Developer resume. But first, let’s get to know more about the profile of an RPA Developer!
What is RPA?
RPA or Robotic Process Automation is an advanced field that uses and implements robotics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to build integrated automated systems that can function with little or no human intervention. These automated systems can emulate human interactions with digital systems to execute a host of business processes.
RPA systems and tools leverage the user interface to capture data and manipulate applications just like humans. In essence, they interpret the data, trigger appropriate responses, and communicate with other systems to perform routine and repetitive business operations.
The advantage of using RPA tools is that these allow businesses to automate routine tasks, thereby freeing up valuable employee time and allowing human employees to focus on cognitive tasks.
Who is an RPA Developer?
RPA Developers are experts who are well-versed with the nitty-gritty of Robotic Process Automation. Their primary job responsibility is to create, design, develop, and implement RPA systems. RPA Developers usually work cross-functionally with other business operation teams to design, build, and optimize business workflows.
They use RPA technology and tools to investigate, analyze, and set up automated processes to maximize the efficiency of business models. First, RPA Developers use RPA tools to analyze business processes and pathways to check if they can be structured or automated. Based on this data, they then strategize on the automation processes accordingly. Learn more about how to use automation to increase efficiency.
RPA Developers are Process Designers, Automation Architects, and Production Managers – all rolled into one. RPA Developers are not only hired in large numbers by reputed IT players like Oracle, IBM, and Capgemini, but even the BFSI sector recruits them now.
Responsibilities of an RPA Developer
- To design automation processes according to the operational needs of an organization
- To write efficient scripts and code to resolve automation issues.
- To review automation design and supervise the development and integration of systems.
- To configure new and efficient automation systems using an optimal combination of RPA tools.
- To deploy various RPA components, including bots, robots, and development tools.
- To create workflow diagrams before the implementation process.
- To design, develop, and test automation workflows.
- To document automation procedures.
- To provide expertise for the successful implementation of RPA solutions.
Skills required to become an RPA Developer
No matter what roles an RPA Developer has in a company, they must have the following skills:
Natural Language Processing
- Experience in working with automation tools like Blue Prism, UiPath, OpenSpan, NICE, etc.
- Proficient in SQL and NoSQL.
- Proficient in programming in languages like C, C++, C#, Java, .NET, etc.
- Well-versed with the basics of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Well-versed with the RPA lifecycle.
- Must possess logical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Also Read: Machine Learning Project Ideas
Salary of RPA Developers
The average annual salary of RPA Developers in India is around Rs. 5.5 – 7.3 LPA. As is true of all other professions, the salary range of an RPA Developer depends on factors like a candidate’s skill set, experience, and educational qualifications, as well as job location, company size, and reputation.
How to create an impressive RPA Developer Resume?
To write a professional Tableau Developer resume, follow these tips:
- Choose a resume template. This will make your job of resume building much easier and convenient. The Internet is replete with stock resume building templates. You can choose from a range of templates, including chronological, functional, combination, targeted resumes, and so on.
- Keep your introduction simple and to the point. Do not beat around the bush. Overall, your resume should be easy to read and follow. For this, you can choose professional fonts like Times New Roman, Calibri, and Arial.
- Keep your formatting style consistent. What it means is that stick to one particular style of writing. For example, if you use bullet points for one subheading (example, skills, or education), use bullet points under all headings in your resume.
- Professionals who have less than eight years of work experience must stick to a one-page resume. Start by mentioning your latest job role and duties, followed by your previous job roles.
- Highlight your skills in relevance to the role of an RPA Developer. Keep the focus on those skills and professional qualities that depict you as an ideal candidate for the position of an RPA Developer.
- In the experience section, try to put the focus on the important achievements you’ve made in your career so far.
- Lastly, make sure to proofread your resume at least twice to identify and correct any grammatical and spelling errors.
Sample RPA Developer Resume
The idea is to structure your RPA Developer resume in such a way that it attracts the attention of hiring managers in the first go. Keep it concise and straightforward. The structure of your resume can be as follows:
- Professional Summary
- Work Experience
- Achievements & Hobbies
If you’re interested to learn more about machine learning, check out IIIT-B & upGrad’s PG Diploma in Machine Learning & AI which is designed for working professionals and offers 450+ hours of rigorous training, 30+ case studies & assignments, IIIT-B Alumni status, 5+ practical hands-on capstone projects & job assistance with top firms.