Looking for RPA Interview Questions and Answers?
Robotic Process Automation or RPA has become one of the most in-demand technologies of today.
In fact, according to a report by Grand View Research, the RPA industry is going to experience exponential growth from $358 million in 2017 to $3.11 billion in 2025.
This growth has given rise to many students and young professionals striving to make a career in the field of RPA.
A quick search on LinkedIn of the keyword “robotic process automation” enlists 2,158 open job positions!
Needless to say, most people are now buckling up and preparing themselves to make a robust career in robotics automation and looking for answers to the top RPA interview questions.
And so, in this post, we have combined the most frequently asked robotics interview questions and their answers.
Top Most Common RPA Interview Questions & Answers
1. What is RPA?
RPA is the acronym of Robotics Process Automation. It is used by an organization to automate its tasks that usually an employee takes care of.
Such tasks are carried out by simulated robots that copy human actions and perform them without any human intervention.Read more about: What is Robot Process Automation?
It helps in two ways:
- Reduces the cost of human resources
- Decreases human-error
2. What are the characteristics of RPA?
The characteristics of RPA are:
RPA software are easy to use and comprehensible. The best part is that there is no specific skillset required to operate the software.
- Increased efficiency
Since there are no humans involved in RPA, there are barely any chances of human error. As long as the input data is correct, the process will also remain error-free.
It is very easy to deploy tasks to an automated robot and perform process transformation.
There is no requirement for employees who understand codes and programming.
3. What are the steps of Robotic Process Automation or RPA?
There are six steps involves in the process of RPA. These are:
- Identifying the need for automation and the areas where it can be implemented
- Optimizing the processes where there is a need for automation
- Building a business case
- Selecting the right vendor of RPA
- Modeling the development of RPA
- Building expert RPA bots
4. What are the steps to create an RPA bot?
Robotic Process Automation bots are created using automation software, such as UiPath or Automation Anywhere.
Here’s how to create an RPA bot:
- Record a task to be performed
- Complete bot implementation
- Test the bot to perform the task recorded
- Upload bot to perform the required tasks
5. Discuss the important points to remember while RPA implementation.
Here’s what to keep in mind while conducting RPA implementation.
- Define the return on investment from RPA implementation
- Focus on the defined ROI
- Target only important and impactful processes for automation
Read: RPA Architecture
6. What are the most popular RPA tools?
The most recommended RPA tools are:
- Another Monday
- NICE Systems
- Automation Anywhere
7. What are the limitations of RPA?
Natural Language Processing
RPA lags behind in the following areas:
- There is no process for RPA tools to understand data or input that is non-electronic.
- Broken process cannot be fixed by RPA implementation.
- RPA is not supported by artificial intelligence (AI), i.e., it cannot learn from rule-based everyday tasks and perform tasks more efficiently by itself. It is a puppet that needs to be told what is to be done.
8. Why are organizations implementing RPA?
In recent years, various organizations have started to adopt RPA because:
- It is a one-time investment.
- It does not require any human intervention, thus ensuring fast operations and error-free results.
- It is as easy to use as is copying and pasting a task into a machine.
- It does not require special experts for verification and testing.
9. Define the RPA life cycle.
An RPA life cycle starts with:
- Analysis: In this phase, the business operations management and RPA experts formulate whether there is a requirement for RPA implementation in the said company.
- Bot Creation: The RPA team develops an RPA bot and works on recording and assigning tasks.
- Bot Testing: A quality analysis is performed to see whether the bot is conducting tasks as it has been told.
- Deployment: Once the testing yields positive results, the bot is distributed to the dedicated operations area.
Also read: How to Write RPA Developer Resume?
10. What are the industrial applications of RPA?
Here are some:
- Telecommunications: RPA can help monitor subscriber feeds, update customer data, manage fraudulent activities, etc.
- Banking: A bot can automate the process of the credit card application, loan disbursement, etc.
- HR: With the help of RPA, it can get easy to automate payrolls, source prospective candidates, conduct background verification, etc.
- Retail: RPA helps manage fake accounts, update orders, manage coupons, process shipping notifications, etc.
11. Name the different types of logs and their fields.
The two different types of logs are:
- Default logs, which have:
- Execution start
- Execution end
- Transaction start
- Transaction end
- Error log
- Debugging log
- User-defined logs
Log fields: These are filename, robotName, Message, windowsIdentity, processName, jobId, Level, and processVersion.
12. What is Project Debugging in UiPath?
The meaning of debugging is identifying and decreasing errors from a process. In UiPath, debugging is combined with logging, which offers information about the process by conducting a step-by-step analysis to ensure that it is error-free. With the help of logging, you get to know what all is happening in your business operations, thus helping you debug the problems in the overall project.
13. How to create a variable in UiPath?
There are three ways to create a variable:
- Select Control bar. Choose Variables tab. Click Create a Variable.
- Go to Properties Pane and choose Output section. Choose Create Variable of press CTRL+K on your computer.
- Choose the option of Create Variable in the Ribbon tab.
14. Is it possible to audit an RPA process? Are there any benefits to it?
Yes, you can audit the Robotics Process Automation. It helps create new strategies to improve business functions and adopt them easily.
15. Which RPA tool supports an open platform?
UiPath supports the open platform for automation.
With the above-mentioned top 15 RPA interview questions, you will be one step ahead in making a career in Robotics Process Automation.
If you are interested to know more about deep learning and artificial intelligence, check out our PG Diploma in Machine Learning and AI program which is designed for working professionals and provide 30+ case studies & assignments, 25+ industry mentorship sessions, 5+ practical hands-on capstone projects, more than 450 hours of rigorous training & job placement assistance with top firms.