What’s Mean Stack Development?
In the ever-expanding field of Web Development, it is crucial to keep pace with the latest trends in the domain. While we’ve heard at lengths about frontend development, backend development, and full-stack development, there’s another branch of Web Development that is often overlooked – MEAN Stack Development.
- Angular JS,
- Express JS,
Why Mean Stack Development Is So Popular?
Mean stack developers will find more work as long as there is a strong market for new technologies and software. Depending on an individual’s skill set and function, the pay for a medium-stack developer in India varies. Mean stack, however, is one of the highest-paying professions in India.
We talk about the average salary for a medium-stack developer in India in this article.
We also go over the numerous elements that affect the compensation package, including work location, employer, skill set, and experience. The average stack developer jobs available in different Indian cities are shown here, along with the skill sets and qualities that most employers look for when hiring developers.
Technologies under the MEAN Stack include:
- MongoDB – To handle the database of web applications.
- Express.js – To build APIs for web applications.
- Angular.js – It is used for building dynamic one-page applications while saving the time needed to write lengthy code.
- Node.js – It handles and manages the server-side framework and requirements.
Check out our free courses to get an edge over the competition.
Explore Our Software Development Free Courses
|Blockchain Technology||React for Beginners||Core Java Basics|
Why learn MEAN Stack Development?
Furthermore, MEAN Stack is not only open-source but also user-friendly. It provides a quick and organized method for creating dynamic websites and rapid prototypes for web-based applications. Hence, it is a good idea to invest your time in learning MEAN Stack development to enhance and expand your career opportunities in Web Development.
Check out upGrad’s Full Stack Development Bootcamp (JS/MERN)
Who is a MEAN Stack Developer?
As we mentioned earlier, MEAN Stack Development falls under full-stack development. Hence, a MEAN Stack Developer is essentially a full-stack developer with an exclusive focus on MEAN stack. While full-stack developers usually have a broader scope of knowledge (including different development frameworks and programming languages), MEAN Stack Developers focus on the four core technologies comprising the MEAN Stack, that is, MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js, and Node.js.
The MEAN stack developers use the following technologies:
- Express JS: It works as a web app framework for Node.js technology. They work collectively to develop web server applications. Moreover, it enhances the core Node.js’ potential. So, it provides mean stack developers with the means to let their web apps become feature-rich and more comprehensive. The ability to work on Express JS and other technologies on this list help them achieve a decent average salary of full stack developer in India
- Angular JS: This technology can work with various computer languages. It assists the developer in their applications’ design process. Furthermore, it lets them define a view with the help of HTML. It also uses controllers to connect the web model and the view.
- MongoDB: It is a NoSQL database that works on documents. It provides Mean stack developers features, including high availability, easy scalability, efficient performance, and automatic failover for their developed web applications. Moreover, it increases their web applications’ security. You can go through the average salary of full stack developer in India and understand how demanding this job role is.
Check out upGrad’s Advanced Certification in DevOps
Explore our Popular Software Engineering Courses
Responsibilities of a MEAN Stack Developer
- To design, develop, test, and deploy robust web applications that are fast, scalable, and highly responsive.
- To write clean and functional code for both frontend and backend.
- To design client-side and server-side architectures.
- To define the code architecture decisions for facilitating high-performance and scalable web products.
- To work in close collaboration with engineers, researchers, and data specialists to design and create advanced and innovative systems.
- To implement, fine-tune, and integrate development environment tools and software as and when needed.
- To design and maintain large and complex databases (both relational and non-relational).
- To deploy applications on cloud platforms like AWS while also being able to debug hosting related issues.
- To write detailed technical documentation.
- To Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade software.
- To address and fix technical issues, if any.
- To develop interactive consumer data using various systems and then RESTfully abstract to the user interface using a Node.js backend functionality
- To work closely with development teams and product managers to invent software solutions
- To design the front-end and back-end architecture
- To write effective MEAN-based APIs
- To develop web applications and features that provide a mobile responsive design
- To test applications and web software to guarantee their effectiveness
- To use HTML and CSS
- To discover alternative ideas and provide recommendations for the MEAN open-source stack
- To control application and software deployment
- To authenticate the quality of the code
- To automate essential unit tests
- To prioritize backlog duties and manage the successful completion of a development project
Skills Required to be a MEAN Stack Developer
A MEAN Stack Developer must possess the following skills:
- In-depth understanding of database architecture.
- In-depth understanding of frontend and backend processes.
- Hands-on experience in working with MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js, and Node.js.
- Well-versed with programming templates and architecture design guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge of Web Development, continuous integration, and cloud technology.
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and also in Agile methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with a creative bent of mind.
Few other skills required to become a MEAN Stack Developer:
- Time management:
Usually, Mean stack works on a strict schedule to meet deadlines. The ability to efficiently manage their time ensures they can fulfil all of their benchmarks and timely release their deliverables. In addition to core technical skills, these non-tech skills are also important to obtain a good MERN stack developer salary in India.
2. Attention to detail:
Mean stack developers should focus on each detail when analyzing their work.
This skill is crucial when working as a project or development team member. Mean stack developers to work with their teammates efficiently. They must be open to criticism and accept suggestions to ensure a collaborative work environment. Efficiently working with teammates can help these developers learn many new things along with obtaining a great full stack developer salary in India.
Effectively handling all or most of these responsibilities can provide you with an admirable full stack developer salary in India.
In-Demand Software Development Skills
upGrad’s Exclusive Digital Marketing Webinar for you –
What’s new in Marketing?
How to Become a MEAN Stack Developer?
To become a MEAN Stack Developer, first, you need to acquire the skills we’ve mentioned above. Here are five things that require your special attention:
- You must learn how to use the different development frameworks and third-party libraries such as JAVA Spring, MyBatis, Hibernate, Django, PHP, Node.js Express, etc.
- A MEAN Stack Developer must be well-versed in at least one or two databases. Try to get handsy with the trending databases like Oracle, MongoDB, Redis, and SQLServer.
- It is also crucial to have a foundational knowledge of the standard design templates and requirements (basic prototype design, UI design, and UX design). This will help you to build user-friendly websites and web applications.
Becoming a MEAN Stack Developer is a long process. Usually, you will need a few years of industry experience as a MEAN Stack/Full-Stack Developer to get hired by reputed companies. Constant upskilling and learning about the latest trends in the domain of Web Development are pivotal to become a successful and competent MEAN Stack Developer.
MEAN Stack Developer Salary in India
The salary of MEAN Stack Developers in India is determined by their educational qualifications, skill set, industry experience, and also the company size and job location.
The average annual salary of a MEAN Stack Developer in India is roughly around Rs. 5.3 – 6.4 LPA. Freshers (having 0-2 years of experience) can earn a starting salary of Rs. 3.7 – 5 LPA. However, professionals who have 4-6 years of field experience usually make between Rs. 6.8 – 9.2 LPA, and those with over 8-10 years of experience earn an average annual salary ranging between Rs. 15 – 22 LPA.
While Bengaluru offers the highest salary to mid and high-level professionals in MEAN Stack Development, it is closely followed by Mumbai. Delhi and Pune offer the least salary packages to entry-level developers. You can get a nice full stack developer salary Pune if you are an exceptionally skilled developer.
Get Software Development Course from the World’s top Universities. Earn Executive PG Programs, Advanced Certificate Programs, or Masters Programs to fast-track your career.
Read our Popular Articles related to Software Development
|Why Learn to Code? How Learn to Code?||How to Install Specific Version of NPM Package?||Types of Inheritance in C++ What Should You Know?|
The work environment of a MEAN Stack Developer:
Generally, application and software development needs collaboration. Mean stack developers may have to perform their duties independently and also in a development team. Many of these developers work in computer system design firms. Some of these developers also work with software publishers and manufacturing companies.
Most Mean stack developers work full time during the typical working hours. They might have to work on weekends or during holidays to fulfil strict deadlines. Primarily, they work in a computer lab or an office environment. They can also work remotely and still earn a decent MERN developer salary in India
How long does it take to become a Mean Stack developer?
You can expect a few months to four years to become a mean stack developer. Your existing skills relevant to this job role determine the speed at which you can attain this designation. You can complete a mean stack program in three to six months if you are a skilled developer and then start earning a MERN developer salary in India. On the other hand, beginners require more time to learn the course material and pass the necessary qualifications to complete the Mean stack course.
Three aspects that determine the time to become a Mean Stack developer are:
A four-year bachelor’s degree is usually essential to work as a professional Mean stack developer. Learning through online training courses will be beneficial. If you still have not completed your bachelor’s degree, you need to estimate a few more months to get acquainted with this job role. After fulfilling the relevant educational criteria, you can apply for relevant job roles that offer decent MERN stack developer salary.
In addition to academics, it needs familiarity with languages, tools, networking, and programming methods to become a Mean stack developer. The professional work experience improves your practical skills related to Mean stack development, after which you can earn a higher MERN stack developer salary in India.
They are the programs that provide you with in-depth knowledge in Mean stack development and related topics. You will be rewarded with a qualifying certification after meeting its requirements and passing its test. Certain accreditations can offer you the competencies required to become a Mean stack developer. However, you need to practice more to become a proficient Mean stack developer.
Is Mean stack in demand?
Mean stack is quite demanding in the present market. Professional web developers who own this specialized designation and relevant skills can benefit from awesome job opportunities with a good MERN stack developer salary.
Small and medium-sized firms look for Mean stack developers since the Mean software is easy-to-use, cost-effective, and compatible with the AngularJS framework. Moreover, this one-language system allows businesses to quickly develop applications and save time and money. The high full stack developer salary Pune and many other cities justify the high demand for Mean stack developers in India.
Senior Full Stack Developer Salary in India
The average Senior Full Stack Developer salary in India per month is around ₹ 1.17 Lac which is around ₹14 LPA. The average additional cash compensation for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer in India is ₹1,02,501, with a range from ₹52,042 – ₹1,70,000.
However, the average Full Stack Developer salary for freshers in India is around ₹15 k per month.
Company-Wise Salary For Stack Developers
Here are some of the top Indian IT businesses along with the average salaries for medium-stack developers there:
- TCS offers medium-stack developers with 2 to 5 years of experience a salary of about INR 6.1 LPA.
- Cognizant offers developers with 2-4 years of experience a salary of about INR 6.6 LPA.
- A mean stack developer at Tech Mahindra with 4-5 years of experience may make a minimum of 8 LPA.
- At Accenture, a developer with more than two years of experience can expect to make about INR 4.3 LPA.
- At IBM, developers with 1-4 years of experience can expect to make about INR 4.4 LPA.
- Full-stack developers at Amazon may make an average salary of INR 12.7 LPA.
Full-stack engineers are very much in demand, especially at start-ups. A full-stack developer may often expect to make INR 6–8 LPA with 0–1 years of experience, compared to INR 12 LPA in a start-up with more than 3 years of experience.
With attractive salary packages and promising growth opportunities, the job profile of a MEAN Stack Developer is an excellent career choice.
Mastering full-stack languages and tools are important to become a mean stack developer. The journey of being a full-stack developer is a challenging but rewarding one as well. The creative and financial opportunities truly make this one of the best careers out there is one has the passion to pursue it. If you have the passion to create intelligent chatbots, fintech wallets, and more, check out the full-stack software development Executive PG course from upGrad.