Do you know what makes your first impression in the professional world?
It’s your resume.
Building a great resume is a crafty task. Since your resume is the first thing a potential employer will see about you, it should be your top game. Your resume is the compact version of your career story – it highlights your educational qualifications, your skills and work experience, and your career goals.
This post will focus on building a Front-End Developer resume. Let’s start by discussing a little on front-end development, gradually moving into the Front-End Developer role, and finally talking about build a commendable Front-End Developer resume.
Table of Contents
What is Front-End Web Development?
When it comes to Front-End Development, the biggest challenge is that the tools and techniques used to design and build the front end of a website keep upgrading and changing continually. Hence, Front-End Developers must always be ready to upskill and learn how to work with new tools and technologies in the domain.
Who is a Front-End Developer?
The task of a Front-End Developer incorporates the entire canvas of a website – everything you see, click, or use to input or retrieve information on a website comprises the work of Front-End Developers. Naturally, they must be both technically sound and creative. Front-End Developers combine the domains of design and technology to present the utility of the website’s back-end in a way that is easy-to-use for the users.
Responsibilities of a Front-End Developer
- To plan and design the structure and design of web pages.
- To develop website features that can enhance the user experience.
- To strategize design choices according to user experience.
- To implement design for mobile sites.
- To make web designs that are mobile-savvy.
- To develop reusable code for future use.
- To supervise software workflow management with project management tools (example, GitHub) and task runners (example, Grunt and Gulp).
- To optimize web pages for maximum speed and boost their scalability.
- To test websites during the development process for usability and fixing bugs.
- Ensure that the website front-end is free from errors or bugs.
- To supervise the production and maintenance of the user interfaces of websites and web applications.
Skills required to become a Front-End Developer
A Front-End Developer must have the following skills:
- Solid understanding of the core design principles.
- Solid understanding of SEO principles.
- Excellent understanding of server-side CSS.
- Experience in working with graphic design applications (for example, Adobe Illustrator).
- Experience in creating responsive and adaptive web designs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Also read: Top Full Stack Developer Tools
Salary of Front-End Developers
According to Indeed stats, the average annual salary of Front-End Developers is around Rs. 5,90,185 LPA. The salary of Front-End Developers depends on multiple factors like company size and reputation, job location, educational qualifications, skill set, and work experience. While freshers can earn around Rs. 4.8 – 5.5 LPA, experienced developers can make as high as Rs. 15 – 22 LPA and more, depending on their experience and skill set.
How to create a compelling Front-End Developer Resume?
Here’s how you can create an impressive Front-End Developer resume:
- When writing a resume, make sure to hit the bull’s eye. Get straight to the relevant information in the beginning. Write a short and simple professional summary and introduction, and move straight to other relevant headings.
- Choose a professional font (example, Times New Roman, Lora, Calibri, Arial, etc.) and follow a neat layout. Make sure the words aren’t too big or too small – it should be legible and easy to read.
- Maintain a consistent formatting style throughout the resume. This entails that you must choose a particular style of writing and presentation and stick to it.
- Try to maintain a one-page resume. Start by mentioning the most crucial aspects first like educational qualifications, work experience, and skills and then move onto other aspects like passions and career goals.
- Make sure to focus on your achievements and technical skills. In the skills section, mention only those skills that make you the perfect candidate for a Front-End Developer profile.
- Always proofread and edit your resume. Proofreading helps to identify and rectify grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, or even inconsistencies in the style of writing.
Learn Software Engineering Courses online from the World’s top Universities. Earn Executive PG Programs, Advanced Certificate Programs, or Masters Programs to fast-track your career.
These tips should help you in designing a fantastic front-end developer resume!
If you’re interested to learn more about web development, full-stack, check out upGrad & IIIT-B’s Executive PG Program in Full-stack Software Development which is designed for working professionals and offers 500+ hours of rigorous training, 9+ projects and assignments, IIIT-B Alumni status, practical hands-on capstone projects & job assistance with top firms.