Developers today require best-in-class, sophisticated tools for developing websites and applications. This is to respond to the continually growing demands of the digital sector, where programmers and developers are expected to produce intuitive and resourceful front-end solutions. It involves creating highly interactive web pages that help manage web content efficiently and ensure long-term productivity. The advent of React development tools has been a boon in this regard.
The React JS library is one of the most widely used front-end development technologies. It comprises an extensive collection of libraries that help developers create highly efficient multi-platform applications.
This article will discuss some of the best-in-class, easy-to-use React DevTools for React JS developers to improve the scalability, performance, and productivity of their front-end applications.
React: A Brief Description
React Developer Tools
React DevTools is a set of libraries, frameworks, and extensions used to create UIs and simplify React development. Although React is a common factor in all React DevTools, they differ in their functionalities. The selection of the desired tool depends on the programming and development requirements.
Here’s how using React developer tools can accelerate front-end development:
- They help react developers, and full-stack developers write faster and more efficient codes.
- They allow simple and easy debugging of applications.
- They are easy to install onto the browser and thus, provide instant access to valuable libraries and tools.
- The React components of the tools enable quick and easy scrutinization of the root React components.
- React developer tools help you study the changes inflicted on the other components by modifying one component.
- The software testing process becomes hassle-free as the tools can identify the issues quickly, thus enabling developers to resolve them before presenting the final product.
It is now time to move on to the list of the best React developer tools and understand their functionalities.
Top 10 React Developer Tools for ReactJs Developers
Belle is a package of React components like Toggle, ComboBox, Rating, TextInput, Button, Card, Select, etc. All these components are streamlined and optimized to be functional on both mobile and desktop devices. The styles of the components can be customized on both mobile and desktop according to the users’ requirements.
- Belle’s components are encapsulated.
- Built-in mobile support
- Supports ARIA
- Customizable styles and themes.
- Advanced styling options for each component.
BIT is a comprehensive tool used in component-based applications and systems. The applications developed using BIT are faster, easier to understand, efficient, and render better performance. BIT enables users to generate components outside the application instead of developing an application with many components. It is easier to add or remove components from the application to modify or extend their functions. Each of these components can be reused in different applications.
- The components can be easily visualized and controlled with the help of Workspace UI, the foundation of BIT, where the components are conceived and developed.
- The components can be used on multiple projects by setting up Scopes remotely on any server.
It is a cross-platform application with a simulator for live reloading and generating quick prototypes of React components. Reactide is the first react IDE created for web applications. It has an integrated node server and customized browser that nullifies the need for server configurations and tool building. The projects are represented live and are edited visually. A set of GUI controls simplifies the process of receiving feedback from the browser simulation.
- Allows visualization of components
- Enables hot reloading modules straight out of the box
- Facilitates optimized configuration
- The commands and workflows run through compatible terminals.
4. React Cosmos
The ReactDev tool is used to build scalable React components that are isolated and dynamic to fit into many requirements. It helps in visualizing the application in real-time to see how it works and evolves while in operation. React Cosmos enhances the design of the components and helps in easy debugging and creating predictable UIs.
- React Cosmos creates reusable components.
- The UIs can be shared across multiple projects.
- Enables users to generate and publish component libraries.
- Facilitates real-time mimicking of external API
React Evergreen is a flexible, user-friendly front-end library with a group of React components used to build innovative products. It comes with a set of popover components that displays floating contents related to the target. These components can be imported by installing the Evergreen UI package.
Evergreen creates systems to anticipate and predict changing future requirements in design instead of fixed system configurations. The main aim of Evergreen is to create applications that work out of the box and have a smart default system that can be controlled.
- Evergreen works out of the box, perfectly fitting the requirements of ambitious projects.
- Its components are seated atop React UI, making them endlessly composable.
- It supports enterprise-grade web applications through its unique UI design language.
This framework is used to visualize the different states of each component used in the application. This tool is used mainly for rapid iteration and effective testing of the user interface components. The main aim of the Storybook tool is to generate new stories representing the behaviour of the components.
- Has a quick setup and configuration process.
- Creates intuitive and efficient UIs.
- Components are built-in isolation without breaking the workflow.
- Includes several add-ons to build UI faster.
- Enables users to debug during the development stage before the product release.
- Jest facilitates the generation of codes that are more evolved and easier to test.
- No risk factors are involved when making large changes.
8. React Proto
It is a React tool used by developers and designers to create prototypes. React Proto facilitates users to visualize their project architecture and re-impose the architecture as application files into an old project or a new React application. The architecture can also be added as a template for repositories. Developed applications are run using React Proto command or application icon.
- React proto equips the developers and designers with efficient tools to create streamlined, clean, and better codes.
- This eliminates the necessity of refactoring and additional codes while scaling up the application.
- Redux develops JS apps that perform consistently across different servers, clients, and environments.
- Easy application debugging.
It is a toolkit designed for building scalable web applications. It works along with Redux, React, and React-router. This helps users to focus on business concepts instead of huge libraries, configurations, and frameworks. Rekit creates apps that are managed and controlled by Create-React-app. It is scalable, investigable, and easy to maintain using feature-based architecture. Rekit has three parts, Rekit App, Rekit Studio, and Rekit CLI.
- The applications built using Rekit are extremely simple and scalable.
- It is a one-stop solution for developing modern apps using React.
How to Get Started with React Developer Tools?
Here’s how you can use React developer tools in Firefox or Chrome browsers:
- Download React developers tools: Add-ons specific to Firefox and Chrome are readily available. Choose the ones you require and install them.
- Launch the tool: After installation, the React tab will appear in chrome DevTools. The tab gives a list of root React components available on the page, along with the subcomponents offered by each root. You can open the required React DevTool by selecting the “inspect” option on right-clicking the page.
- View and edit: A component selected on this tab enables the users to view and edit the props and state through the right-hand panel.
- Go through the details: The selected components are available to study using the breadcrumbs function. Here, you will find important information like the component’s creator.
Following this, start using the tools as per your requirements.
If you’d like to learn more about React Js, React Devtools, and full-stack development, we recommend taking up upGrad’s Master of Science in Computer Science offered in association with IIIT-B and LJMU for an in-depth understanding of relevant technologies and concepts. This 19-month course is designed for working professionals and includes six specializations – full-stack development, big data, DevOps, blockchain development, cloud computing, and cybersecurity. It covers over 500 hours of content and 30+ projects and assignments.
The platform offers many collaborative opportunities since students have access to upGrad’s global learner’s base for peer-to-peer learning. So, don’t hesitate, jump aboard this empowering learning experience today!