Check out our free courses to get an edge over the competition
upGrad’s Exclusive Software Development Webinar for you –
SAAS Business – What is So Different?
Java is a programming language, and this bit should be evident by now. Java was invented rather than created by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems. The development of Java was not easy; however, it took the group closer to about four years to make a capable language. Java, which saw the daylight in the year 1995, and since then has taken the entire world by storm.
Check out upGrad’s Advanced Certification in Cloud Computing
You can see the internet to be filled to the brim with apps and technologies which are based out of Java. Even the android operating system, which is present on almost every modern-day smartphone, also has its roots in Java. Credit has to go to Java to make our lives much more straightforward. Oracle is the proud owner of Java in the modern-day.
The key characteristics of Java are listed below.
- Run code one time, and practically any computing platform will execute it.
- The creation of object-oriented programmes is its intended use.
- It has autonomous memory management and is a multithreaded language.
- Since it is network-centric, it makes collaborative computing easier.
Java: What is it Used For?
Whether a server, website backend, game, mobile app, or desktop application, build any of these with Java. It is even compatible with machines. When you conduct a search on Wikipedia’s website or mobile application, Java is used to carry out your inquiries. It even manages the systems in Mars rovers. From Twitter to Netflix, every big web-based business leverages the power and services of Java.
Here are some advantages to utilizing Java.
- There is thorough documentation available.
- There is a sizable pool of knowledgeable developers.
- Numerous third-party libraries.
- It enables the creation of reusable code and standardized programmes.
- Outstanding performance.
- Libraries that are simple to use.
The disadvantages of using Java are as follows:
- The program runs somewhat slowly because of the JIT compiler.
- Java necessitates a huge amount of computing memory and power.
- Hardware prices consequently rise. Low-level coding constructs, such as pointers, are not supported.
Read more: How to Code, Compile and Run Java Projects
Explore Our Software Development Free Courses
|Blockchain Technology||React for Beginners||Core Java Basics|
When the internet was still taking its baby steps, and it was far from the behemoth, we know it was just two leading web browsers today. The entire web race belonged to Internet Explorer and Netscape navigator. In merely ten days, a developer who goes by the name of Brendan Eich saw the need for a language that can directly talk with the browser. This language was created to accommodate the user’s interaction with the web browsers and websites.
LiveScript’s language was invented with the capability to instruct the browser directly whenever any user input was found. The development of this new language LiveScript took just about ten days for the developer, and soon he integrated this new language with the Netscape navigator.
Check out upGrad’s Advanced Certification in Cyber Security
Livescipt enabled the browser to interpret the user and the commands which users send. It eliminated the need to re-compile or compile the code and made the use of plugins for this task completely obsolete. This language of LiveScript was created at the time when another programming language, which goes by the name of Java, was gaining popularity.
- Given its solid reputation as a cross-platform language, programmers use it for both server-side and client-side applications.
- Strong Workflow for Testing
- Learning and getting started with programming are simple.
- Added/increased dependencies
- It is an open-source effort supported by Microsoft.
- A tool specifically created for short scripts.
- Enables modules, classes, and interfaces.
- Permits cross-compiling.
- Feedback is given right away to visitors.
- It enables you to design graphical user interfaces that respond to mouse hovering.
- Security concerns have led to its preservation.
Explore our Popular Software Engineering Courses
Get Software Engineering degrees from the World’s top Universities. Earn Executive PG Programs, Advanced Certificate Programs, or Masters Programs to fast-track your career.
In-Demand Software Development Skills
If you’re interested to learn more about Java, full-stack development, check out upGrad & IIIT-B’s Executive PG Program in Full-stack Software Development which is designed for working professionals and offers 500+ hours of rigorous training, 9+ projects, and assignments, IIIT-B Alumni status, practical hands-on capstone projects & job assistance with top firms.
Frequently Asked Questions