GGU has been accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) since 1959 and it is WES recognized. WASC accredits universities in California and Hawaii, including Stanford, UC Berkeley, and others. WSCUC is nationally recognized by the US Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
GGU instructors are scholar practitioners with decades of senior level work experience in the San Francisco Bay Area, including major Silicon Valley and Fortune 500 companies.
Engage in interactive networking sessions with experienced professional from your batch for effective peer to peer learning or complete your degree in the US.
Best-in-class content by leading faculty and industry leaders in the form of videos, cases, and projects.
“Through our association with Golden Gate University, San Francisco, upGrad endeavours to facilitate continuing education for working professionals throughout their careers. The pedagogy, program structure and delivery of these programs from the innovation capital of the world is our key differentiator.”
- Phalgun Kompalli
Watch David Fike (President, GGU), Brent White (Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, GGU), and Phalgun Kompalli (Co-founder, upGrad) talk about the collaboration that makes it possible.
*The curriculum and credits are a virtue of University's guidelines while meeting international standards and quality.
There are 4 simple steps in the Admission Process which is detailed below:
Complete your application and submit the required details. The Admissions Committee will then review your application - which include your work experience & educational background.
Submit your Statement of Purpose to join a GGU program.
Upon qualifying, an Offer Letter will be sent to you confirming your admission to the course.
Block your seat with an initial payment of INR 25,000 to enroll into the Program. Begin your leadership journey.
Over 1,00,000 students go to US to learn every year. Connect with our counselors to know how you can be next!
Your friend also gets an instant scholarship!
Working professionals who are looking for a transition into managerial and leadership roles, take up larger responsibilities within their organisation, make impactful decisions with the right management tools that you learn from a global MBA degree.
For Online Program-
- Three or Four Years toward bachelor's degree with 52% or above marks are eligible to apply.
For Transfer to On-Campus-
- The applicant must complete seven courses of an online program with 3 or above CGPA
- English Proficiency Requirement TOEFL (iBT) >/=79, or IELTS >/= 6.5, or PTE >/= 57, or Duolingo >/= 100
The Scholarship is rolled out based on the academic and professional achievements. Once the application form is submitted with these details, the admission committee reviews the same. If you are admitted into the program, the scholarship that you are eligible for will be mentioned on the Offer Letter itself. Please note that admission is provisional until successful verification of supporting documents.
Although there are a limited number of part-time, on-campus jobs for international students, the income from these jobs is only sufficient to provide “pocket money”; you will not earn enough income to pay for a significant portion of your educational expenses. The U.S. government prohibits international students from working outside the University.
Yes, upGrad will help with your Academic and Visa SOP and will also organize training on how to write an effective SOP.
Living expenses in the USA for international students are approximately USD 21,000.
Upto 15-16 Hours/Week of time commitment is expected to be able to graduate from the Program.
Student Support is available 7 days a week, 24*7. You can write to us via email@example.com Or for urgent queries, use the "Talk to Us" option on the Learn platform.
You need to pay INR 25,000 to block your seat.
0% EMI with Finance partners /Credit card option availability will vary program wise.
1. Which banks allow using 0% Credit card EMI or Credit card EMI?
No cost EMI is available on credit cards from all major banks (American Express, Bank of Baroda, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Indus Ind Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, RBL Bank, Standard Chartered, Axis Bank, Yes Bank, State Bank of India)
2. Is there any minimum transaction limit ?
Yes. 50000 is the minimum.
3. Standard Chartered Bank offers 18 or 24 months No Cost EMI ?
No. ONLY 12 months is available irrespective of the Program enrolled.
4. Will I have to pay any extra amount for EMI transaction?
If you are availing 0% credit card EMI, upGrad will not charge any processing fees or down payment for these transactions. Your bank may levy GST or other taxes on the interest component of the EMI.
5. Are there any fees or down payment?
Certain banks charge nominal processing fees between INR 99 - 500 on 0% Credit Card EMI transaction. If charged, will be billed in the first repayment installment.
6. Can I use my International credit card for 0% credit EMI or Credit Card EMI?
Only the Indian bank credit cards can be used. But you can pay the amount using the Credit card option in one shot / part payments, and later you can convert into EMI from your respective bank. The tenures and interest charged will depend on your bank. upGrad will not charge any processing fees or down payment for these transactions, this will be purely between you and your bank.
7. Are there any charges in case I opt for cancellation/refund from the course after paying balance with no cost EMI ?
Yes, there will be additional charges to the extent of interest paid by the upGrad to the bank, you will be refunded only Principal amount, i.e. the amount actually deducted/blocked from your card. This deduction will be in addition to the amount mentioned in the refund policy shared with your offer letter.
8. Can I Pay Using Multiple Credit Cards ?
Multiple cards can be used to complete the payments using Part payment option make sure to inform the learner, minimum transaction is INR 50000 to opt for 0% CC EMI E.g. Amount to be paid: 150000. I can pay using 2 Credit cards. Yes, Example :
HDFC Card – Part payment – INR 100000
ICICI Card – Part payment – INR 50000
9. How can I opt for Credit card EMI if my bank is not listed in the 0% Credit card EMI or Credit card EMI?
You can pay the amount using the Credit card option in one shot / part payments, and later you can convert into EMI from your respective bank. The tenures and interest charged will depend on your bank. upGrad will not charge any processing fees or down payment for these transactions.
10. Why is the entire amount blocked on my credit card?
Initially your bank will block the entire amount from your available purchase limit and from your next billing cycle, you will be charged the EMI amount. As you start paying your EMI, your credit limit will be released accordingly. For example, if you have made a payment of ₹100000 on 6-months EMI and your credit limit is ₹200,000 then initially your bank will block your credit limit by ₹100000. After payment of your first month EMI of Rs.15000, the blocked amount will come down to ₹85000.
11. Why is interest getting charged on No Cost EMI?
Your bank will charge you interest. However, this interest charge has been provided to you as an upfront discount at the time of your payment, effectively giving you the benefit of a No cost EMI. The total amount paid during the entire EMI tenure to the bank will be equal to the amount to be paid to upGrad.
Eg. Amount payable to upGrad: INR 405000
Let's say Amount deducted at the time of transaction: INR 379850 (Principal amount) Bank charges interest of 12-15% per annum on INR 379850
[Note: Interest factor is reducing rate and not Flat rate]
EMI AMOUNT = INR 33750 x 12 = INR 405000
Effectively, you have taken loan on 379,850 instead of 405,000
1. Learner can claim a refund for the amount paid towards the Program at any time, before the Cohort Commencement Date, by visiting www.upgrad.com and submitting duly filled refund form via the "My Application" section under profile. Processing fee of INR 20,000 will be levied while processing the refund. If a Learner has paid less than INR 20,000 while registering for the program, the Learner shall not be eligible for any refund in such case.
2. Learner shall not be eligible for any refund under any circumstances if refund request is raised post Cohort Commencement Date and Learner will continue to pay the monthly EMI for loan (if applicable) and such loan cannot be canceled. This is also applicable for those Learners who could not complete their payment and could not be enrolled in the cohort opted for. However, the Learner can raise a request for Pre-Program deferral as per the policy defined below for the same.
3. In case of a refund as per point 1 of this policy, the Learner will be solely responsible for any cancellation of loan, including but not limited to applicable loan cancellation charges levied on the total canceled loan amount. These charges will be decided by the third-party financial institution that has granted given loan to the Learner and upGrad will have no role to play in deciding the quantum of these charges.
4. Learners must pay the full fee within 7 days of payment of Caution Money or Cohort Commencement Date, whichever is earlier, otherwise the admission letter will be rescinded.
5. Request for refund should be sent via email in the prescribed Refund Request Form, post completing the steps as per point 1 of this Refund Policy. The refund will be processed within 30 working days of commencement of the program after being duly approved by the upGrad Admissions Team.
|Before Program Commencement||- INR 20,000 (processing fee)|
|Post Program Commencement||- No Refund Possible|
Deferral Policy: (Pre- Program Commencement)
- If a Learner, due to unavoidable circumstances is unable to commence with the cohort and requests for a deferral before the Cohort Commencement Date, Learner will have an option to defer to another batch.
- However, the learner will be required to pay 50% of the Total Program Fee amount (inclusive of taxes) before the deferral can be approved. Till this condition is complied with, the Learner will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort.
- A Learner can request for deferral only once and to either of the scheduled cohorts to start in the next 1 year from the batch start date of the initial batch the Learner enrolled for.
- The Learner has time till the current Cohort Commencement Date to make the payment of the 50% of the Total Program Fee, post which the deferral request will expire. Once the deferral window expires and the Learner asks for a refund after the Cohort Commencement Date, the above-mentioned applicable refund policy will apply.
- The fee applicable to the deferred Learner will be as per prevailing Total Program Fee for the batch Learner as opted to defer to (No additional deferral fee is required to be paid).
Deferral Policy: (Post Program Commencement)
- If a learner is facing severe issues in dedicating time to the course, Learner will have an option to defer to another batch.
- A Learner can request for deferral only once and to either of the scheduled cohorts to start in the next 1 year from the Cohort Commencement Date of the initial batch the Learner enrolled for.
- The Learner will be required to pay a deferral fee of 10% of the Total Program Fee (inclusive of taxes) if any along with the differential program fees between the two cohorts.
- The deferral request will be approved once the deferral fee is paid.
- Till this condition is complied, the Learner will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort.
- The Learner has 7 days (including holidays and weekends) from the date of deferral request to make the payment of the deferral fee, post which the deferral request will expire, and the learner will continue as part of the current cohort.
- If the Learner completes the deferral payment, the Learner’s login will be disabled, The Learner will leave the deferred cohort and the Learner will start learning on the new cohort from the point of the last assignment that was graded in the deferred cohort. All grades and progress till that point will be carried forward as it is to the new cohort .
- The deferral can only be requested during the batch for which the Learner has enrolled is ongoing. Once the batch has been completed, deferral requests shall not be entertained. For clarification, the batch completion here shall mean the “last grace deadline” as communicated by upGrad.
|Before Program Commencement||50% program fee (including taxes) to be paid|
|50% program fee (including taxes) to be paid||10% of the program fee (including taxes) to be paid within 7 days as deferral fee|
|Post Program Commencement (8 days after program start date)||Will have to continue as a part of the current cohort|