The modern industry is highly competitive and dynamic. We have witnessed a massive upsurge in new roles fuelled by emerging technologies like AI and ML in the past decade. Thus, professionals entering the industry must not only know how to wield new-age technologies, but they must also possess strong business acumen. What better than an MBA degree to groom you for stepping into the job world?
An MBA degree comes with a host of advantages, particularly if you’ve graduated from a reputed B-school. After obtaining an MBA degree, you can bag high-profile management job roles in established companies, receive a handsome yearly compensation, and of course, advance your career to the next level. Apart from these apparent benefits, an MBA degree will help you:
- To gain flexible skills that apply to a wide range of industries.
- To start and launch your own company from the ground up.
- To enhance your communication and interpersonal skills.
- To develop and expand your professional network.
- To boost your professional credibility.
Overall, an MBA program is an excellent career choice for all-round personal and professional development.
In India, MBA courses are offered by B-schools, colleges, universities, edTech companies, and other private institutions across the country. Usually, the duration for MBA courses is two years. Students have the option to pursue full-time or part-time MBA programs, one-year MBA courses, modular MBA, or Executive MBA (EMBA). Some common MBA specializations include Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources, Business Administration, Business Development, Economics, Hospitality, Entrepreneurship, and International Business.
MBA aspirants who are already engaged in education/job commitments should opt for distance (online) MBA programs. Online MBA courses offer you the flexibility to complete your MBA education while maintaining your present engagements.
upGrad has excellent MBA programs - MBA Deakin Business School, MBA Liverpool Business School, MBA (Executive) in Business Analytics, MBA in Digital Banking & Finance, MBA in Marketing, MBA in Finance, MBA in Operations, and MBA in Strategy & Leadership. These courses are offered in collaboration with some of the most prestigious institutes, including DBS, LBS, NMIMS Global Access School, IMT Ghaziabad, and O.P. Jindal Global University. Thus, students are trained and groomed by top mentors and industry leaders. On course completion, they’re fully equipped to enter the job world.
An MBA program combines the best of both worlds - business sense with professional competency. Naturally, candidates require a set of hard and soft skills to sail smoothly through the business world. The most desired MBA skills include strategic thinking, analytical thinking, problem-solving, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills.
Globally, employers look for candidates who can:
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Develop and build healthy relationships in the industry.
- Work in a team with members from various departments.
- Solve complex business problems by utilizing the right mix of tools.
- Understand the digital impact on businesses in the present market.
- Communicate ideas to team members, stakeholders, and executive management in a lucid and presentable manner.
However, the MBA skill set is not limited to only these skills. Due to the ever-evolving industry needs and rapid adoption of the latest technologies across different sectors, employers want MBA graduates to possess new-age skills like:>
- The ability to use social media tools and channels..
- Proficiency in risk management and market research..
- Proficiency in Big Data analysis and financial forecasting..
- The ability to leverage digital marketing and brand storytelling techniques. .
- The ability to make ethical business decisions aligned with a company’s corporate social responsibility (CSR).
An MBA graduate who possesses these skills is sure to become a valuable asset for any organization.