Learn first-hand from Golden Gate University's reputed faculty, many of whom are practicing professionals in Silicon Valley, delivered in a live-interactive format over weekend masterclasses.
Get exclusive access to Silicon Valley based professionals and experts in the field.
Engage in interactive networking sessions with experienced professionals from your batch for effective peer-to-peer learning, and then go on to complete your degree in San Francisco, USA.
“Through our association with Golden Gate University, San Francisco, upGrad endeavours to facilitate continuing education for working professionals throughout their careers. The pedagogy, program structure and delivery of these programs from the innovation capital of the world is our key differentiator.”
- Phlagun Kompalli - Co-founder, upGrad
Best-in-class content by leading faculty and industry leaders in the form of videos, cases, and projects.
There are 4 simple steps in the Admission Process which is detailed below:
Complete your application and submit the required details.
Submit your Statement of Purpose to join a GGU program.
Upon qualifying, an OL will be sent to you confirming your admission to the program.
Block your seat with an initial payment of INR 25,000 to enroll into the Programme.
Over 1,00,000 students go to U.S. to learn every year. Connect with our counselors to know how you can be next!
Your friend also gets an instant scholarship!
For the Online Program -
- Applicants with a 3-year or 4-year bachelor's degree must have a minimum of 55% marks to be eligible to apply. Students with a lower percentage in their bachelor's will be evaluated based on their Statement of Purpose (SOP) and work experience.
For On-Campus Transfer -
- To be eligible to study on-campus at GGU, students must complete four modules (12 credits) of the online program with a minimum 3.0 CGPA and a passing grade of C- or higher (1.7 CGPA) in each program.
• English Proficiency Requirement: TOEFL (iBT) >/=79, or IELTS >/= 6.5, or PTE >/= 57, or Duolingo >/= 100
For IT professionals: Roles in the IT industry are evolving rapidly. With businesses relying a lot more on technology and data trends, an IT professional with a decent understanding of data analytics will surely get opportunities to lead critical organizational verticals. To helm such roles, team leads are expected to have knowledge of analytics and strong leadership qualities, and this program will help you hone both.
For non-IT professionals: With every business decision becoming data-driven, analytics is a de-facto skill expected from any leader. The MS PM program will give you an understanding of converting a business problem into an analytical one and then solving it for the best results. If you aim to lead teams working on the challenges of the digital age, start your own business, or even consult others in making business decisions, this program is perfect for you!
The scholarship is rolled out based on academic and professional achievements. Once the application form is submitted with these details, the admission committee reviews it. If you are accepted into the program, the scholarship you are eligible for will be mentioned in the Offer Letter. Please note that admission is provisional until successful verification of supporting documents.
Yes, upGrad will help with your Academic and Visa SOPs and will also organize training on writing an effective SOP.
Living expenses in the U.S. for international students are approximately $21,000 USD for a year.
Up to 12-15 hours/week is expected to be able to graduate from the program.
Our dedicated Student Support Team is available to resolve your non-academic queries. You can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a response within 24 hours.
For urgent queries, please use the Call Back option on the learning platform and get a response within two working hours. Additionally, an upGrad buddy will enhance the learner's experience by engaging with them to ensure they are on track with upcoming deadlines and submissions. They also offer guidance and resolve their non-academic queries.
There is also a peer-to-peer discussion forum where you can post your queries, and your peers/faculty/teaching assistants answer them within a day. Regular Q&A sessions with faculty to get clarification on conceptual doubts are also organized regularly.
0% EMI with finance partners and credit card option availability will vary program-wise.
1. Which banks allow using the no-cost credit card EMI option?
A. No cost EMI is available on credit cards from all major banks: American Express, Bank of Baroda, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IndusInd Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, RBL Bank, Standard Chartered, Axis Bank, Yes Bank, State Bank of India, CITIBANK and HSBC.
2. Is there a minimum transaction limit?
A. Yes. It's 50,000.
3. Does Standard Chartered Bank offer 18 or 24 months of no-cost EMI?
A. The bank offers only 12 months of no-cost EMI option. For any period that extends beyond, a certain interest is charged.
4. Will I have to pay extra for the EMI transaction?
A. If you avail of 0% credit card EMI, upGrad will not charge any processing fees or down payment.
Your bank, however, may levy GST or other taxes on the interest component of the EMI.
5. Are there any fees or down payment charged by the bank?
A. Certain banks charge nominal processing fees between ₹99-500 on 0% credit card EMI transactions. If charged, it will be billed in the first repayment installment.
6. Can I use my international credit card for 0% credit card EMI or a standard credit Card EMI?
A. You can use only Indian bank credit cards to make payments against your program fees. But you can pay the amount using the credit card option in one shot and later convert it into EMIs from your respective bank. The duration and interest charged will depend on your bank.
upGrad will not charge processing fees or down payment for these transactions; this will be purely between you and your bank.
7. Are there any charges if I opt for cancellation/refund from the program after paying the balance with no-cost EMI?
A. Yes, there will be additional charges, which will be equal to the interest paid by upGrad to the bank. You will only get the refund of the Principal amount, i.e., the amount actually deducted/blocked from your card. This deduction will be in addition to the amount mentioned in the refund policy shared in your Offer Letter.
8. Can I pay using multiple credit cards?
A. Multiple cards can be used to complete the payment. Take the part payment option to use multiple credit cards. The learner just needs to ensure that the minimum transaction amount is ₹50,000 if they want to opt for 0% credit card EMI.
For example, if the amount to be paid is ₹1,50,000. You can pay using two credit cards:
HDFC Card – Part payment – ₹1,00,000
ICICI Card – Part payment – ₹50,000
9. Why is the entire amount blocked on my credit card?
A. Initially, your bank will block the entire amount from your available purchase limit, and from your next billing cycle, you will be charged the EMI amount. As you start paying your EMI, your credit limit will be released accordingly.
For example, if you have made a payment of ₹1,00,000 on a 6-month EMI and your credit limit is ₹2,00,000, then initially, your bank will block your credit limit by ₹1,00,000. After payment of your first month's EMI of ₹15,000, the blocked amount will be reduced to ₹85,000.
10. Why is interest getting charged on no-cost EMI?
A. Your bank will charge you interest. However, this interest charge has been provided as an upfront discount to you at the time of your payment, effectively giving you the benefit of a no-cost EMI. The total amount paid during the entire EMI tenure to the bank will equal the amount to be paid to upGrad in case of a cancellation or refund request.
For example, the amount payable to upGrad is ₹4,05,000
Let's say the amount deducted at the time of the transaction is ₹3,79,850 (Principal amount). The bank charges interest of 12-15% per annum on ₹ 3,79,850
[Note: Interest factor is reducing rate and not Flat rate]
EMI AMOUNT = ₹33,750 x 12 = ₹4,05,000
Effectively, you have taken a loan of ₹3,79,850 instead of ₹4,05,00
11. How much do I pay to block my seat?
A. You need to pay ₹25,000 to block your seat.
1. Learner can claim a refund for the amount paid towards the Program at any time, before the Cohort Commencement Date, by visiting www.upgrad.com and submitting duly filled refund form via the "My Application" section under profile. Processing fee of INR 20,000 will be levied while processing the refund. If a Learner has paid less than INR 20,000 while registering for the program, the Learner shall not be eligible for any refund in such case.
2. Learner shall not be eligible for any refund under any circumstances if refund request is raised post Cohort Commencement Date and Learner will continue to pay the monthly EMI for loan (if applicable) and such loan cannot be canceled. This is also applicable for those Learners who could not complete their payment and could not be enrolled in the cohort opted for. However, the Learner can raise a request for Pre-Program deferral as per the policy defined below for the same.
3. In case of a refund as per point 1 of this policy, the Learner will be solely responsible for any cancellation of loan, including but not limited to applicable loan cancellation charges levied on the total canceled loan amount. These charges will be decided by the third-party financial institution that has granted given loan to the Learner and upGrad will have no role to play in deciding the quantum of these charges.
4. Learners must pay the full fee within 7 days of payment of Caution Money or Cohort Commencement Date, whichever is earlier, otherwise the admission letter will be rescinded.
5. Request for refund should be sent via email in the prescribed Refund Request Form, post completing the steps as per point 1 of this Refund Policy. The refund will be processed within 30 working days of commencement of the program after being duly approved by the upGrad Admissions Team.
|Before Program Commencement||INR 20,000 (processing fee)|
|Post Program Commencement||No Refund Possible|
Deferral Policy: (Pre- Program Commencement)
● If a Learner, due to unavoidable circumstances is unable to commence with the cohort and requests for a deferral before the Cohort Commencement Date, Learner will have an option to defer to another batch.
● However, the learner will be required to pay 50% of the Total Program Fee amount (inclusive of taxes) before the deferral can be approved. Till this condition is complied with, the Learner will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort.
● A Learner can request for deferral only once and to either of the scheduled cohorts to start in the next 1 year from the batch start date of the initial batch the Learner enrolled for.
● The Learner has time till the current Cohort Commencement Date to make the payment of the 50% of the Total Program Fee, post which the deferral request will expire. Once the deferral window expires and the Learner asks for a refund after the Cohort Commencement Date, the above-mentioned applicable refund policy will apply.
● The fee applicable to the deferred Learner will be as per prevailing Total Program Fee for the batch Learner as opted to defer to (No additional deferral fee is required to be paid).
Deferral Policy: (Post Program Commencement)
● If a learner is facing severe issues in dedicating time to the program, Learner will have an option to defer to another batch.
● A Learner can request for deferral only once and to either of the scheduled cohorts to start in the next 1 year from the Cohort Commencement Date of the initial batch the Learner enrolled for.
● The Learner will be required to pay a deferral fee of 10% of the Total Program Fee (inclusive of taxes) if any along with the differential program fees between the two cohorts
● The deferral request will be approved once the deferral fee is paid.
● Till this condition is complied, the Learner will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort.
● The Learner has 7 days (including holidays and weekends) from the date of deferral request to make the payment of the deferral fee, post which the deferral request will expire, and the learner will continue as part of the current cohort.
● If the Learner completes the deferral payment, the Learner’s login will be disabled, The Learner will leave the deferred cohort and the Learner will start learning on the new cohort from the point of the last assignment that was graded in the deferred cohort. All grades and progress till that point will be carried forward as it is to the new cohort
● The deferral can only be requested during the batch for which the Learner has enrolled is ongoing. Once the batch has been completed, deferral requests shall not be entertained. For clarification, the batch completion here shall mean the “last grace deadline” as communicated by upGrad.
|Before Program Commencement||50% programfee (including taxes)to be paid upfront- no additional deferral fee to be paid|
|Post ProgramCommencement (0-7 days after program start date)||10% of the program fee (including taxes) to be paid within 7 days as deferral fee|
|Post Program Commencement (8 days after program start date)||Will have to continue as a part of the current cohort|