Study 4 months online and 2nd Year on-campus at Mercy University, USA
Student support is available . You can write to us via email@example.com or for urgent queries use the " Talk to Us" option on the learn platform.
upGrad team will help you with application to Mercy University, USA, securing confirmed offer letter & support with US visa application.
“Our aim is simple: We strive to create high-impact, hands-on experiences that prepare students for meaningful and productive careers.”
- Ronnie Screwvala, Co-Founder, upGrad
Best-in-class content by leading faculty and industry leaders in the form of videos, cases, and projects.
There are 3 simple steps in the Admission Process which is detailed below:
Fill out an application and take a short 20-minute online test with questions
Our faculty will review all applications, consider the educational and professional background of an applicant and review the test scores wherever applicable. Following this, offer letters will be rolled out so you are assured a great peer group to learn and network with.
Make a quick block payment & receive immediate access to the prep content and begin your upGrad journey. (Loan assistance available if required)
Over 2,300 students have completed this course and started working at their dream job, whats stopping you?
Your friend also gets an instant scholarship!
The MS Computer Science with AIML Concentration is an engaging yet rigorous course split into 2 parts - 4 months online course and 16-months on-campus program (with Mercy University, USA) designed for students to develop practical knowledge and skills, establish a professional network, and accelerate entry into the field of Data Visualization, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and big data.
The MS Computer Science with AIML Concentration program equips students with the skills needed to meet the high demand in the field of Computer Science. The curriculum focuses on essential areas such as Data Visualization, Data Analysis techniques, Data Engineering Skills, and provides hands-on experience through real-world projects. With diverse programming options, students can tailor their studies to align with their interests and career goals. Additionally, the program facilitates the development of a strong professional network, allowing students to connect with industry leaders. Graduates of the program can pursue rewarding careers as Machine Learning Engineer, research scientist, Data Scientist, Business Intelligence Developer & data scientist. Upon program completion, students also have the opportunity to apply for OPT in the U.S.A., and receive support from Mercy University Career Services to kickstart their careers in the United States.
The online program is designed for professionals with limited data analytics experience to help them build their understanding from the basics to an advanced level. The program covers important Data Science concepts such as statistics and exploratory data analytics, probability, principal component analysis, machine learning & artificial intelligence, Aligned Mathematical Theory, applications, signal processing and many more.
The online learning experience will be a mix of interactive lectures from industry leaders as well as world-renowned faculty. Additionally, the program comprises live lectures dedicated to solving your academic queries and reinforcing learning. The on-campus learning experience will offer students the opportunity to engage directly with faculty.
Post successful completion of the program, a Master's degree in MSCS AIML shall be conferred upon by Mercy University.
No, the program is designed to be completed in its entirety, and cannot be taken as standalone modules.
The MSCS program offers a comprehensive curriculum and expert faculty that prepare students for the rapidly evolving world of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Below are a few compelling reasons why students should study MSCS AIML at MercyU:
All students in the USA with a valid F-1 Visa are not eligible to work off-campus. Rather, such students are eligible to work on-campus as graduate assistants or research assistants or other on-campus ad-hoc jobs and receive compensation, beginning in their first semester. The list of available positions will be provided in advance of the Fall semester (please note the number of these positions are limited and not guaranteed).
Yes, upGrad will help you prepare for the English proficiency test to establish your current English proficiency to be eligible for the Master's program in the USA.
Mercy University offers 3 intakes for students coming through the accelerator route. The first intake of the year will be the January intake, second and third intake of the year will be May & September. Though the application process for Mercy University will start during the Mercy University online program, you will be able to go to Mercy University in the nearest intake which is at least 3 months away from completion of your Mercy University program.
upGrad will apply for you to Mercy University once all the documents are provided by you (as given in the offer letter issued to you by upGrad). Apart from the documents mentioned in the offer letter of Mercy University you will have to give proof of English proficiency for application of admission in Mercy University. upGrad will support you to get your English proficiency scores within 3 months of the start of the batch to accelerate this process.
This program is right for:
For Mercy University- (Online)
For Mercy University- (On-campus)
A relevant professional work experience is recommended but not mandatory.
You can start the application process by submitting the application. Applications have already started for the next cohort.
There are 4 simple steps in the Admission Process which is detailed as.
Step 1- Complete Application -Complete your application and submit the required details. The Admissions Committee will then review your application - which include your work experience & educational background.
Step 2- Apply for the Scholarship- Submit your Statement of Purpose to join a Mercy University Program.
Step 3- Get Shortlisted & Receive the Offer Letter- Upon qualifying, an Offer Letter will be sent to you confirming your admission to the course.
Step 4- Block your Seat - Block your seat with an initial payment of INR 25,000 to enroll into the Program. Begin your leadership journey.
Yes, upGrad will help with your Academic and Visa SOP and will also organize training on how to write a good SOP.
Living expenses in the USA for international students are approximately USD 22,000 per annum. The same needs to be reflected in your bank account.
In such cases, learners will be conferred upon with the Graduate Certificate in Data Science.
At least 12-15 hours per week of time commitment is expected to be able to complete this program.
Peer-to-peer discussion forum where you can post your queries and your peers/faculty/teaching assistants answer your queries within a day. Regular Q&A sessions with faculty to get clarification on conceptual doubts.
0% EMI with Finance partners /Credit card option availability will vary program wise.
1. Which banks allow using 0% Credit card EMI or Credit card EMI?
No cost EMI is available on credit cards from all major banks (American Express, Bank of Baroda, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IndusInd Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, RBL Bank, Standard Chartered, Axis Bank, Yes Bank, State Bank of India, CITIBANK and HSBC)
2. Is there any minimum transaction limit ?
Yes. 50000 is the minimum.
3. Standard Chartered Bank offers 18 or 24 months No Cost EMI ?
No. ONLY 12 months is available irrespective of the Program enrolled.
4. Will I have to pay any extra amount for the EMI transaction?
If you are availing 0% credit card EMI, upGrad will not charge any processing fees or down payment for these transactions. Your bank may levy GST or other taxes on the interest component of the EMI.
5. Are there any fees or down payment?
Certain banks charge nominal processing fees between INR 99 - 500 on 0% Credit Card EMI transaction. If charged, will be billed in the first repayment installment.
6. Can I use my International credit card for 0% credit EMI or Credit Card EMI?
Only the Indian bank credit cards can be used. But you can pay the amount using the Credit card option in one shot / part payments, and later you can convert into EMI from your respective bank. The tenures and interest charged will depend on your bank. upGrad will not charge any processing fees or down payment for these transactions, this will be purely between you and your bank.
7. Are there any charges in case I opt for cancellation/refund from the course after paying balance with no cost EMI ?
Yes, there will be additional charges to the extent of interest paid by the upGrad to the bank, you will be refunded only Principal amount, i.e. the amount actually deducted/blocked from your card. This deduction will be in addition to the amount mentioned in the refund policy shared with your offer letter.
8. Can I Pay Using Multiple Credit Cards ?
Multiple cards can be used to complete the payments using Part payment option make sure to inform the learner, minimum transaction is INR 50000 to opt for 0% CC EMI E.g. Amount to be paid: 150000. I can pay using 2 Credit cards. Yes, Example :
HDFC Card – Part payment – INR 100000
ICICI Card – Part payment – INR 50000
9. How can I opt for Credit card EMI if my bank is not listed in the 0% Credit card EMI or Credit card EMI?
You can pay the amount using the Credit card option in one shot / part payments, and later you can convert into EMI from your respective bank. The tenures and interest charged will depend on your bank. upGrad will not charge any processing fees or down payment for these transactions.
10. Why is the entire amount blocked on my credit card?
Initially your bank will block the entire amount from your available purchase limit and from your next billing cycle, you will be charged the EMI amount. As you start paying your EMI, your credit limit will be released accordingly. For example, if you have made a payment of ₹100000 on 6-months EMI and your credit limit is ₹200,000 then initially your bank will block your credit limit by ₹100000. After payment of your first month EMI of Rs.15000, the blocked amount will come down to ₹85000.
11. Why is interest getting charged on No Cost EMI?
Your bank will charge you interest. However, this interest charge has been provided to you as an upfront discount at the time of your payment, effectively giving you the benefit of a No cost EMI. The total amount paid during the entire EMI tenure to the bank will be equal to the amount to be paid to upGrad.
Eg. Amount payable to upGrad: INR 405000
Let's say Amount deducted at the time of transaction: INR 379850 (Principal amount) Bank charges interest of 12-15% per annum on INR 379850
[Note: Interest factor is reducing rate and not Flat rate]
EMI AMOUNT = INR 33750 x 12 = INR 405000
Effectively, you have taken loan on 379,850 instead of 405,000
1. Learner can claim a refund for the amount paid towards the Program at any time, before the Cohort Commencement Date, by visiting www.upgrad.com and submitting duly filled refund form via the "My Application" section under profile. Processing fee of INR 20,000 will be levied while processing the refund. If a Learner has paid less than INR 20,000 while registering for the program, the Learner shall not be eligible for any refund in such case.
2. Learner shall not be eligible for any refund under any circumstances if refund request is raised post Cohort Commencement Date and Learner will continue to pay the monthly EMI for loan (if applicable) and such loan cannot be canceled. This is also applicable for those Learners who could not complete their payment and could not be enrolled in the cohort opted for. However, the Learner can raise a request for Pre-Program deferral as per the policy defined below for the same.
3. In case of a refund as per point 1 of this policy, the Learner will be solely responsible for any cancellation of loan, including but not limited to applicable loan cancellation charges levied on the total canceled loan amount. These charges will be decided by the third-party financial institution that has granted given loan to the Learner and upGrad will have no role to play in deciding the quantum of these charges.
4. Learners must pay the full fee within 7 days of payment of Caution Money or Cohort Commencement Date, whichever is earlier, otherwise the admission letter will be rescinded.
5. Request for refund should be sent via email in the prescribed Refund Request Form, post completing the steps as per point 1 of this Refund Policy. The refund will be processed within 30 working days of commencement of the program after being duly approved by the upGrad Admissions Team.
|Before Program Commencement||- INR 20,000 (processing fee)|
|Post Program Commencement||- No Refund Possible|
Deferral Policy: (Pre- Program Commencement)
- If a Learner, due to unavoidable circumstances is unable to commence with the cohort and requests for a deferral before the Cohort Commencement Date, Learner will have an option to defer to another batch.
- However, the learner will be required to pay 50% of the Total Program Fee amount (inclusive of taxes) before the deferral can be approved. Till this condition is complied with, the Learner will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort.
- A Learner can request for deferral only once and to either of the scheduled cohorts to start in the next 1 year from the batch start date of the initial batch the Learner enrolled for.
- The Learner has time till the current Cohort Commencement Date to make the payment of the 50% of the Total Program Fee, post which the deferral request will expire. Once the deferral window expires and the Learner asks for a refund after the Cohort Commencement Date, the above-mentioned applicable refund policy will apply.
- The fee applicable to the deferred Learner will be as per prevailing Total Program Fee for the batch Learner as opted to defer to (No additional deferral fee is required to be paid).
Deferral Policy: (Post Program Commencement)
- If a learner is facing severe issues in dedicating time to the course, Learner will have an option to defer to another batch.
- A Learner can request for deferral only once and to either of the scheduled cohorts to start in the next 1 year from the Cohort Commencement Date of the initial batch the Learner enrolled for.
- The Learner will be required to pay a deferral fee of 10% of the Total Program Fee (inclusive of taxes) if any along with the differential program fees between the two cohorts.
- The deferral request will be approved once the deferral fee is paid.
- Till this condition is complied, the Learner will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort.
- The Learner has 7 days (including holidays and weekends) from the date of deferral request to make the payment of the deferral fee, post which the deferral request will expire, and the learner will continue as part of the current cohort.
- If the Learner completes the deferral payment, the Learner’s login will be disabled, The Learner will leave the deferred cohort and the Learner will start learning on the new cohort from the point of the last assignment that was graded in the deferred cohort. All grades and progress till that point will be carried forward as it is to the new cohort .
- The deferral can only be requested during the batch for which the Learner has enrolled is ongoing. Once the batch has been completed, deferral requests shall not be entertained. For clarification, the batch completion here shall mean the “last grace deadline” as communicated by upGrad.
|Before Program Commencement||50% program fee (including taxes) to be paid|
|50% program fee (including taxes) to be paid||10% of the program fee (including taxes) to be paid within 7 days as deferral fee|
|Post Program Commencement (8 days after program start date)||Will have to continue as a part of the current cohort|