Study 8 Months online with IIIT Bangalore and upGrad, 15 Months at Northeastern University, U.S.A.
Student Support is available 7 days a week, 24*7. You can write to us via email@example.com Or for urgent queries, use the "Talk to Us" option on the Learn platform.
upGrad team will help you with application to Northeastern University, securing confirmed offer letter & support with US visa application.
upGrad has been instrumental in helping us in finding candidates with key skill sets in Data Science and Analytics
- Val S, Director at Animaker
Best-in-class content by leading faculty and industry leaders in the form of videos, cases, and projects.
Best in-class content by leading faculty and industry leaders in the form of videos, cases and projects, assignments and live sessions
Analyze movie data from the past hundred years and find out various insights to determine what makes a movie do well.
Use analytics to identify why Uber sometimes faces a supply-demand challenge and what can be done to overcome it.
Learn how the knowledge of basic machine learning algorithms can be used to determine leads that are potentially convertible and save your Sales team time, money and resources.
Decline fraud transactions on a credit card in real-time to minimize the losses so that customers are not charged for items that they did not purchase.
Learn how Predictive Analytics can be used to decide the creditworthiness of customers and whether they are issued a credit card or not.
Learn how Google speech-to-text works and make your own model.
Build a model which will caption a given image and describe it in sentences in a detailed way like objects, present, the actions they are doing etc.
Learners will build a gesture recognition model for a Smart-TV to recognize 5 hand gestures, using a 3D Convolution Network.
What if you could predict the popularity of a brand like upGrad in India?
Solve the most crucial business problem for a leading telecom operator in India and Southeast Asia: predicting customer churn.
Research and analyse data from a marketing campaign to gain valuable insights and determine the 'yays' and 'nays' of the campaign.
Help a retail-giant to have a clear idea of how their sales will look like in the future.
There are 3 simple steps in the Admission Process which is detailed below:
Fill out an application form online
Our admission committee will review profile. Upon qualifying, offer letter will be sent to you
Block your seat with a payment of INR 25,000 to enrol on the programme.
Over 1,00,000 students go to USA to learn every year. Connect with our counselors to know how you can be next!
Your friend also gets an instant scholarship!
The MPS in Informatics is an engaging yet rigorous 8 months online(with IIIT-Bangalore) and 15-months on-campus(Northeastern University, U.S.A.) program designed for students to develop practical knowledge and skills, establish a professional network, and accelerate entry into the field of management, informatics and information technology. The student as part of this program will receive dual certification - an Advanced Certificate Program in Data Science from IIIT Bangalore and a Master’s degree in MPS in Informatics from Northeastern University U.S.A.
By pursuing a MPS in Informatics, students can expect to gain a comprehensive understanding of the field and develop the necessary skills to excel in technology-driven industries. Specialization options, integrated experiential learning, and diverse elective courses provide students with the flexibility to tailor their studies to their specific interests and career goals. The program equips students with the knowledge to design and implement information technology systems, fosters proficiency in managing programming projects, and encourages a multidisciplinary approach to research and analysis.On completion of the program, you will have the option to apply for OPT in the U.S.A. as well as get support from Northeastern University Career Services to build a career in the U.S.A.
The program is designed for professionals with limited data analytics experience to help them build their understanding from the basics to an advanced level. The program covers tools such as Python, MySQL and Excel, as well as important Data Science concepts such as statistics and exploratory data analytics, regression, clustering, tree models, model selection, principal component analysis, machine learning & artificial intelligence, Aligned Mathematical Theory, applications, signal processing and many more.
The online learning experience will be a mix of interactive lectures from industry leaders as well as world-renowned faculty. Additionally, the program comprises live lectures dedicated to solving your academic queries and reinforcing learning. The on-campus learning experience will offer students the opportunity to engage directly with faculty.
Post successful completion of the online program, an Advanced Certificate Program in Data Science certificate would be awarded from IIIT Bangalore and on completion of the on-campus degree program, a Master's degree in MPS in Informatics shall be conferred upon by Northeastern University.
No, the program is designed to be completed in its entirety, and cannot be taken as standalone modules.
Co-op programs at Northeastern University are academic programs that combine classroom learning with practical work experience in a professional setting. Students have the opportunity to gain real-world skills, industry connections, and enhance their resumes through immersive full-time work opportunities. Northeastern is a global leader in co-op education, consistently ranked as the #1 co-op program in the nation.
Yes, this program has a co-op component. Students enrolled in this course will have the opportunity to participate in a co-op experience, allowing them to apply their classroom knowledge in real-world work setting.
Once students are on campus, they should contact their graduate academic advisor to declare a Graduate Co-op concentration. Students start their first co-op the second semester of their sophomore year or during the summer after their sophomore year.
In many cases, co-op opportunities are paid positions. However, compensation varies depending on the industry, job market, or other special circumstances. Whether paid or unpaid, all of our co-ops offer unparalleled industry experience with a variety of employers.
Northeastern University offers a wide range of work locations for Graduate co-op opportunities. These opportunities are available in over three dozen states across the United States and in approximately 90 countries worldwide. While many students opt to work in the Boston area, Northeastern encourages students to be open-minded and flexible about their work location to ensure a rewarding experience and to broaden their future career prospects. The university particularly emphasizes the benefits of international co-op experiences, which provide students with a unique perspective on their work and the chance to explore different parts of the world. Students are advised to consult with their co-op coordinator to explore the available options and understand the specific requirements associated with each location.
While full time co-op shall require a commitment of 32-40 hours/week over 3-6 months, Part-time co-op shall require a commitment of 15-31 hours/week over 3-6 months.
All students in the USA with a valid F-1 Visa are not eligible to work off-campus. Rather, such students are eligible to work on-campus as graduate assistants or research assistants or other on-campus ad-hoc jobs and receive compensation, beginning in their first semester. The list of available positions will be provided in advance of the Fall semester (please note the number of these positions are limited and not guaranteed).
Yes, upGrad will help you prepare for the English proficiency test to establish your current English proficiency to be eligible for the Master's program in the U.S.A.
Northeastern University offers 2 intakes for students coming through the accelerator route. The first intake of the year will be the January (spring) intake and the second intake of the year will be September (Fall). Though the application process for Northeastern University will start during the IIIT Bangalore online program, you will be able to go to Northeastern University in the nearest intake which is at least 3 months away from completion of your IIIT Bangalore program.
upGrad will apply for you to Northeastern University once all the documents are provided by you (as given in the offer letter issued to you by upGrad). Apart from the documents mentioned in the offer letter of Northeastern University you will have to give proof of English proficiency for application of admission in Northeastern University. upGrad will support you to get your English proficiency scores within 3 months of the start of the batch to accelerate this process.
This program is right for:
To be eligible for the program, the following criteria need to be fulfilled:
For IIIT Bangalore:
For Northeastern University:
A relevant professional work experience is recommended but not required.
You can start the application process by submitting the application. Applications have already started for the next cohort.
There are 4 simple steps in the Admission Process which is detailed as.
Step 1- Complete Application -Complete your application and submit the required details. The Admissions Committee will then review your application - which include your work experience & educational background.
Step 2- Apply for the Scholarship- Submit your Statement of Purpose to join a IIITB program.
Step 3- Get Shortlisted & Receive the Offer Letter- Upon qualifying, an Offer Letter will be sent to you confirming your admission to the course.
Step 4- Block your Seat - Block your seat with an initial payment of INR 25,000 to enroll into the Program. Begin your leadership journey.
At least 12-15 hours per week of time commitment is expected to be able to graduate from the program.
Peer-to-peer discussion forum where you can post your queries and your peers/faculty/teaching assistants answer your queries within a day. Regular Q&A sessions with faculty to get clarification on conceptual doubts.
0% EMI with Finance partners /Credit card option availability will vary program wise.
1. Which banks allow using 0% Credit card EMI or Credit card EMI?
No cost EMI is available on credit cards from all major banks (American Express, Bank of Baroda, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IndusInd Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, RBL Bank, Standard Chartered, Axis Bank, Yes Bank, State Bank of India, CITIBANK and HSBC)
2. Is there any minimum transaction limit ?
Yes. 50000 is the minimum.
3. Standard Chartered Bank offers 18 or 24 months No Cost EMI ?
No. ONLY 12 months is available irrespective of the Program enrolled.
4. Will I have to pay any extra amount for the EMI transaction?
If you are availing 0% credit card EMI, upGrad will not charge any processing fees or down payment for these transactions. Your bank may levy GST or other taxes on the interest component of the EMI.
5. Are there any fees or down payment?
Certain banks charge nominal processing fees between INR 99 - 500 on 0% Credit Card EMI transaction. If charged, will be billed in the first repayment installment.
6. Can I use my International credit card for 0% credit EMI or Credit Card EMI?
Only the Indian bank credit cards can be used. But you can pay the amount using the Credit card option in one shot / part payments, and later you can convert into EMI from your respective bank. The tenures and interest charged will depend on your bank. upGrad will not charge any processing fees or down payment for these transactions, this will be purely between you and your bank.
7. Are there any charges in case I opt for cancellation/refund from the course after paying balance with no cost EMI ?
Yes, there will be additional charges to the extent of interest paid by the upGrad to the bank, you will be refunded only Principal amount, i.e. the amount actually deducted/blocked from your card. This deduction will be in addition to the amount mentioned in the refund policy shared with your offer letter.
8. Can I Pay Using Multiple Credit Cards ?
Multiple cards can be used to complete the payments using Part payment option make sure to inform the learner, minimum transaction is INR 50000 to opt for 0% CC EMI E.g. Amount to be paid: 150000. I can pay using 2 Credit cards. Yes, Example :
HDFC Card – Part payment – INR 100000
ICICI Card – Part payment – INR 50000
9. How can I opt for Credit card EMI if my bank is not listed in the 0% Credit card EMI or Credit card EMI?
You can pay the amount using the Credit card option in one shot / part payments, and later you can convert into EMI from your respective bank. The tenures and interest charged will depend on your bank. upGrad will not charge any processing fees or down payment for these transactions.
10. Why is the entire amount blocked on my credit card?
Initially your bank will block the entire amount from your available purchase limit and from your next billing cycle, you will be charged the EMI amount. As you start paying your EMI, your credit limit will be released accordingly. For example, if you have made a payment of ₹100000 on 6-months EMI and your credit limit is ₹200,000 then initially your bank will block your credit limit by ₹100000. After payment of your first month EMI of Rs.15000, the blocked amount will come down to ₹85000.
11. Why is interest getting charged on No Cost EMI?
Your bank will charge you interest. However, this interest charge has been provided to you as an upfront discount at the time of your payment, effectively giving you the benefit of a No cost EMI. The total amount paid during the entire EMI tenure to the bank will be equal to the amount to be paid to upGrad.
Eg. Amount payable to upGrad: INR 405000
Let's say Amount deducted at the time of transaction: INR 379850 (Principal amount) Bank charges interest of 12-15% per annum on INR 379850
[Note: Interest factor is reducing rate and not Flat rate]
EMI AMOUNT = INR 33750 x 12 = INR 405000
Effectively, you have taken loan on 379,850 instead of 405,000
Refund Policy: (Programs with prep-session component)
• Students must pay applicable caution money for the enrolment to the Program. This caution amount will be adjustable against the total Program fee payable by the student.
• You can claim a refund for the amount paid towards the Program at any time, before the Cohort Commencement Date, by visiting www.upgrad.com and submitting your refund form via the "My Application" section under your profile. Processing fee of Rs. 20,000/- will be levied. If less than Rs. 20,000/- have been paid in total, the student shall not be eligible for any refund in such case.
• The student shall not be eligible for any refund under any circumstances if any such refund requests are raised post Cohort Commencement Date and student will continue to pay the EMI for the loan (if applicable) and such loan cannot be cancelled. This is also applicable for those students who could not complete their payment and could not be enrolled in the cohort opted for. However, the student can raise a request for Pre-Program deferral as per the policy defined below for the same.
• In case of a refund, the student will be solely responsible for any cancellation of the loan, including but not limited to applicable loan cancellation charges levied on the total cancelled loan amount.
• Students must pay the full fee within 7 days of payment of Caution Money or Cohort Commencement Date, whichever is earlier, otherwise, the admission letter will be rescinded.
• Request for refund must be sent via e-mail in the prescribed Refund Request Form. The refund will be processed within 30 working days of commencement of the program after being duly approved by the Academic Committee.
Deferral Policy: (Pre- Program Commencement)
• If a student, due to unavoidable circumstances is unable to commence with the cohort and requests for a deferral before the cohort starts, we provide the opportunity for the student to defer to another batch.
• However, the student will be required to pay 50% of the total course fee amount (inclusive of taxes) before the deferral can be approved. Till this is completed, the student will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort.
• A student can request for deferral only once and to either of the scheduled cohorts to start in the next 1 year from the batch start date of the initial batch the student enrolled for.
• The student has time till the current cohort launch date to make the payment of the 50% program fee, post which the deferral request will expire. Once the deferral window expires and the student now asks for a refund, the above-mentioned applicable refund policy will apply.
• The fee applicable to the deferred student will be as per prevailing fee for the batch student as opted to defer to (No additional deferral fee is required to be paid).
Deferral Policy: (Post Program Commencement)
• If a student is facing severe issues in dedicating time to the course, we provide the opportunity for the student to defer to another batch.
• A student can request for deferral only once and to either of the scheduled cohorts to start in the next 1 year from the batch start date of the initial batch the student enrolled for.
• The student will be required to pay deferral fees of 10% of the total course amount fee + Taxes if any along with the differential program fees between the two cohorts.
• The deferral request will be approved once the deferral fee is paid.
• Till this is completed, the student will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort.
• The student has 7 days (including holidays and weekends) from the date of deferral request to make the payment of the deferral fee post which the deferral request will expire, and the student will continue as part of the current cohort.
• If the student completes the deferral payment, the student’s login will be disabled, the student will leave the deferred cohort and the student will start learning on the new cohort from the point of the last assignment that was graded in the deferred cohort. All grades and progress till that point will be carried forward as it is to the new cohort. For clarification, the grades of the graded assignments will be carried forward, whether the student had submitted these grading during the initial stage.
• The deferral can only be requested during the batch for which the student has enrolled is ongoing. Once the batch has been completed, deferral requests shall not be entertained. For clarification, the batch completion here shall mean the “last grace deadline” as communicated by upGrad.
Deferral policy applicable only for International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (“IIIT Bangalore”)
• The first deferral request to any program offered by IIIT Bangalore (pre-program commencement or post-program commencement) shall be free for one time.