Bachelor of Business Administration
Get a degree without quitting your job
with upGrad hiring partners
Our curriculum focuses on industry-relevant skills
Best-in-class content by leading university faculty
Save your money and time by doing it online
On Campus Fee
for 3 years
You save Rs. 1.5L
Learn with us, Pay flexibly
Start learning from
or opt for cost effective EMI options*
Rs. 10,000 to block your seat
and the rest later
*EMI options available on the payment portal
Ensure you have what it takes to enter the industry at the end of the course
Get personalised career mapping from industry experts & chart out the best opportunities based on your interests
Get an opportunity to intern just after your program!
Interview for the most lucrative career opportunities with upGrad's 300+ hiring partners
Review & feedback after every session that helps you understand what you need to improve with best resume practices
Take the next steps towards transforming your career
Fill the application form
Pay & start learning
Are Chandigarh University's Online Degree Programs recognized?
In two notifications published in February 2020 and September 2020, the UGC (University Grants Commission) has given a nod to run, issue undergraduate and postgraduate formal degrees to students who go through the program in the online format.
With the digital boom, it only made sense to add “online” as a legitimate mode of attending college and getting a degree. let’s talk about the rules of “going online”.
1. Who can offer online degree programs? Any higher education institute (HEI) that meets one of the following two criteria is auto eligible to launch and run their existing degree programs in online mode:
2. HEI should have ranked in the top 100 at least twice in the last three years, B. HEI Should have a NAAC rating of A+.
3. Who can enrol for the program? The university can offer their programs to students all over India in the online mode and are not restricted by territorial jurisdiction.
4. How will learners study online? The university can choose to offer the program on SWAYAM or any other learning platform that meets the four clear guidelines set by UGC.
Not so long back you could earn your degree either by attending college in a regular classroom format or in the open and distance learning mode. But with a heavy push by the Government of India to improve Gross Enrolment Ratio, the UGC (University Grants Commission) has added online as a mode of learning and earning formal degrees.
Lets have look at some of the points you should know about the online mode of education:
1. Who will govern these programs? All universities that intend to offer their programs online need to set up a Center of Distance and Online education to govern and operationalise these programs.
2. What will learners earn at the end of successful completion of the program? The university will hand degree certifications to all learners who have completed the program – cleared all credits and exams.
3. Who will design the program? UGC has set a very clear 4-quadrant approach of creating the program and the university is supposed to design and develop the e-content strictly in adherence to the same.
4. How will students take examinations? The university will organise examinations in an online proctored environment to assess the candidates.
‘Distance education’ and ‘Online education’ are often confused since both are delivered remotely. However, there is a significant difference between the two concerning certain essential aspects.
The 2 most prominent differences between distance education and online education:
1. Assessments and Evaluations are conducted periodically in both distance learning and online learning programs. In distance education, students usually have to appear at a designated regional centre for their examinations. While in online education, the learners can take the quiz in virtual mode at any place with the entire series of tests, assignments, case studies and projects well curated.
2. Even though the course material in distance education meets the quality standards set by regulatory authorities, it may not fulfil the application-based industry requirements. In online courses, the program curriculum is devised by leading faculty in alliance with the industry leaders. Both the course syllabus and teaching methodology is disposed to inculcate practical abilities and proficiencies in the students.
Programs such as CU’s online degree programs facilitated by upGrad are most suited to the ones with high career aspirations. Backed by the revised governmental regulations and related initiatives, online courses have the full potential to replace the traditional classrooms in most of the education domains.