One of the best ways to get more traffic to your website is to add backlinks. Here’s how to build quality links for your website like a pro!
There are three types of links that you can use for your website – internal, inbound, and outbound hyperlinks. The internal link will redirect the reader to another page of your website. It helps the reader spend more time on your webpage and increases the traffic. For instance, if you have blogs on your website, you can link similar blogs so that readers never have to leave the site. It is called internal linking. Inbound links are the ones present on other websites that redirect the reader to your website. Inbound linking is usually done through guest blogging. Lastly, outbound linking is a hyperlink on your website that directs the reader to a different website.
This blog provides practical strategies and tips to build quality links for your website.
Why do you need links for your website?
Before you know how to build links for your website, it is better to understand how links can impact your website. According to statistics, backlinks are one of the most critical factors impacting your ranking on Google. The pages that rank on top on Google search results usually have almost four times more backlinks than other pages. Interestingly, despite the advantages of backlinks, more than 94% of the content on Google does not have a single external link. If you are making the same mistake as others, or are still wondering whether it is necessary to generate backlinks for your website, here are all the reasons for your start focusing on building quality links for your website.
- Enhances credibility:- If you have recently started building your brand, the foremost struggle you will face is how to boost your credibility. One of the best ways to establish your trustworthiness is to generate backlinks for your website. You can post guest blogs on various authentic platforms that allow you to insert a few hyperlinks. You can use these links to direct traffic to your website. It will enhance brand visibility. Also, since another website will be promoting your brand, it will help you gain the trust of your target audience.
- Improve your ranking:- You must have already understood above that generating backlinks is one of the key strategies to boost your ranking on search engines. When people search for their queries on various platforms, the backlinks to your website on those platforms will increase traffic to your website and boost search engine ranking.
- Increases brand awareness:- Another reason why you should invest your time and budget in link building is that it increases brand exposure. For this, you will have to find quality platforms to publish your content and add backlinks. As the number of people visiting those platforms increases, your brand identity will also increase. You can also add your website links on social media platforms to enhance awareness about your brand.
Learn digital marketing courses online from the World’s top Universities. Earn Masters, Executive PGP, or Advanced Certificate Programs to fast-track your career.
How to build quality links for your website?
Now coming to the crucial part – how can you build quality links to your websites? Statistics reveal that link building is not an easy process. It can take several months for the links to generate traffic to your website and increase revenue. However, the process is worth it. Here are a few strategies that will help you through the link-building process for your website.
- Use target keywords:- Building quality links for your website is closely connected with posting relevant and informative content. Since the Internet is flooded with similar content on various topics, writing useful content for your readers is important. As the number of views on your content increase, the number of clicks on the backlinks available in the content might also increase. However, it can take some time to get organic traffic through posting content. To ensure that your blogs and articles get noticed by a maximum number of people, you will have to do extensive research and find out the relevant target keywords with maximum search volume. You can use UberSuggest to find out keywords.
- The Skyscraper Technique:- Brian Dean from Backlinko talks about the Skyscraper Technique for building quality links to your website. According to him, creating content is not enough. What equally matters it’s how you choose to promote that content. This technique requires three steps. Firstly, you have to find fantastic content on the Internet that already has a high search volume. Those are your linkable assets. The second step involves seeking inspiration from your linkable assets and using your creativity or knowledge to produce better content by adding value to the existing content.
The last step of the skyscraper strategy is to reach out to people for publishing the revamped content on popular platforms or blogging sites. For example, you can go through an old content piece on a website that gained much traction but has outdated information. You can use the skyscraper technique to make that content up to date and add your touch. Add backlinks to your website and get the content published on popular third-party websites or social media platforms.
- Prepare comprehensive guides:- Google page ranking algorithm prefers long articles over short-form content. Therefore, if you want to improve your ranking on Google and get more traffic on your website, it is best to upload lengthy articles. Comprehensive guides also allow you to add backlinks to your website. You can add the target keyword in the guide and use other SEO strategies to ensure a better page ranking.
- Collaborate with other brands or affiliate marketers:- This is another strategy you can try for link building to your website. For example, if you have just established your business and want to reach out to more people, you can collaborate with different brands or affiliate marketers who can help promote your website.
How to build quality links to your website without writing new content?
The most popular way to generate links for your website is to plug them in the long or short-form content. However, if you do not have the bandwidth to come up with fresh content, you can try the following tips to get links for your website:
- Make visuals from previous posts:- When you cannot produce fresh content, it is best to seek inspiration from existing content. For example, you can create a carousel, an infographic, or a presentation of the content that performed well previously. You can post it on your social media pages or other relevant platforms along with a CTA and your website link. This will attract people to your website.
- Refurbish existing content:- This tip is somewhat similar to the above one. Editing your old content and adding the latest information along with links is also an effective way to repurpose old content.
- Give a shot to email marketing:- Another gateway that can serve as a potential link source for your website is email. You can make newsletters or send informational or relevant content pieces to the subscribers via email. Then, add links to your website in the email. This will help direct the readers to your website, thus generating more traffic on the website.
Generating quality links to your website can be a game-changer in your SEO strategy. Links on third-party websites or social media channels can help increase traffic to your website and help generate more revenue. Therefore, if you are interested in marketing and want to learn the nitty-gritty of the digital sector, or if you are an entrepreneur who wants to enhance your brand engagement, you can pursue the Advanced Certificate in Digital Marketing and Communication Program on upGrad. This course teaches you all the fundamentals of marketing and helps you learn about popular marketing tools like Google Ads, Google Analytics, UberSuggest, Bitly, Canva, and more.