Advance your career with a business course from top 1% global b-schools
DBA | MBA | Professional Certificates
Average Raise Recorded50%
AccessHarvard Case Studies
Career Support360 Degree
Get positive career growth.5 Out Of 6 Learners
With India's largest online higher education company, get 360 degree career support. mentorship from industry experts, networking opportunities, and more.
Get access to upGrad's Career portal with 5000+ openings every month
Become interview-ready with training, mentorship sessions and resume building tools
Make informed career choices with career counselling sessions from industry experts
Timely doubt resolution by industry experts and peers
Expert-verified responses to ensure quality learning
Personalised feedback on assignments and projects
Unparalleled guidance from industry mentors, teaching assistants and peers
1:1 personalised feedback on submissions
Informative and career building workshop sessions by industry experts
Group activities with peers
An MBA is more than just an advanced professional degree. It allows students to nurture skills that are aimed to help a company succeed. It also helps impart confidence by improving their leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Since an MBA helps students get well-versed with the constantly evolving aspects of their fields, they can effectively leverage their skill set and knowledge to further their business endeavors.
Like an on-campus MBA program, online MBAs include, but are not limited to, the following specializations:
- Health Care
- Organizational and Management Effectiveness
- Business and Public Policy
- Data Analytics
- Energy and Sustainability
- International Business
- Operations and Information
- Real Estate
- Strategic Management
Plenty of MBA schools offer students the chance to tailor their online MBA programs to encourage an interdisciplinary roadway to education.
Here are few known advantages of pursuing an MBA degree:
- Sharpened communication skills
- Enhanced marketability
- Exposure to the global market
- Increased peer-to-peer networking opportunities
- Polished time management and organizational skills
- Greater advancement opportunities
- Better earning potential
Applicants who wish to pursue an MBA degree in the USA require exceptional GMAT scores to land a seat in the top US business schools. American universities also demand a top-notch TOEFL score for international students to convince universities of their English-speaking skills.
Once you have accomplished the requisite qualifications, you must carefully evaluate the universities where you wish to apply. It is recommended that you send in inquiries to your desired universities at least a year in advance.
If you are applying for an online MBA, here are the steps to follow:
- Step 1: Fill and submit your MBA application.
- Step 2: Wait for news of your shortlisting based on your professional experience and academic scores.
- Step 3: Once you receive the offer letter, block your seat by paying a caution amount.
- Step 4: Submit the required documents.
- Step 5: Make payment for the MBA program you are applying for.
The United States is the foremost choice for students pursuing a higher education degree like an MBA. The country offers excellent infrastructure alongside top-class education facilities for MBA aspirants. Also, students can choose from an array of MBA courses for their higher studies, given that the US hosts one of the biggest MBA markets across the globe.
In 2016-2017 alone, over a million international students arrived in the US to pursue an MBA degree. The country produces almost 125,000 MBA graduates every year. The US hosts nearly 186,000 Indian MBA candidates at its universities, resulting in a 12% increase in their numbers post-study and work-visa regulations.
Based on the job growth forecasts by the US News Best Jobs ranking, some of the top career paths for MBA graduates in the US include Management Consultants, Marketing Managers, and Business Operations Managers. Even Financial Managers and Medical Services Managers receive high-end compensations and enjoy a decent work-life balance.
As per the U.S Bureau of Labour Statistics, Medical and Health services are expected to grow by 32% by 2030. On the other hand, job opportunities in business and financial operations occupations are projected to increase by 8%, creating nearly 750,800 new jobs by 2030.
Evidently, the demand for an MBA is increasing rapidly with each passing year, bringing forth a power-packed combination of prestigious and well-paid jobs in the market.
Students with top MBA scores and exceptional business skills enjoy competitive leverage on the world platform and can pursue several job opportunities to grow in their careers.
Here are a few of the most advantageous career paths for MBA graduates across different industries:
1. Marketing ManagersMarketing managers are in demand in almost every industry and are also known to earn six-figure salaries. They are responsible for overseeing marketing campaigns and ensuring companies have a business advantage in the market.
Salary: The average salary of a marketing manager in the US is $63,277 annually.
2. Corporate Finance One can become a Finance Director, Financial Analyst, Finance Manager, or a Finance Consultant when looking out for career opportunities in the corporate finance field.
Salary: The average salary of someone in Corporate Finance in the US is $110,000 annually.
3. Economics and Finance Some of the most popular jobs in Economics and Finance are Portfolio Management, Operation’s Director, and Financial Consultancy, to mention a few.
Salary: The average salary of someone in Economics and Finance in the US is $76,000 annually.
4. Medical and Health Service MBA professionals in this field are responsible for strategizing health management at various health care facilities and ensuring that organizations comply with necessary US medical regulations.
Salary: The average salary of someone in Medical and Health Service in the US is $104,280 annually.
5. Business Operations Trade and business operations is a new emerging sector where MBA graduates are in huge demand. Companies that seek organizational efficiency or face logistical challenges require the services of business operation managers to maintain quality standards of their end products and maximize profitability through seamless management of operations.
Salary: The average salary of someone in Business Operations in the US is $69,417 annually.
A few other popular career paths for MBA degree holders and their corresponding average salaries:
- Business Development Director: $104,860 annually.
- Senior Accountant: $73,349 annually
- Financial Controller: $87,384 annually
- Data Analyst: $66,477 annually
- HR Manager: $68,920 annually