A. Career Options after MBA
Among the top career options available to MBA graduates are:
1. Investment Banking: A highly sought-after role among MBA graduates is that of an investment banker, where they remain at the forefront of an organization, managing their financial models and investment plans. Investment banking falls under banking and finance alongside lucrative job roles of portfolio management and investment analysts. Skilled personnel in this field earn an average salary of £150,000 to £200,000 per year.
2. Management Consulting: Another popular choice among MBA students is management consulting where individuals are responsible for resolving in-organization challenges. Management consultants earn an average salary of £70,000 per year.
3. Data Analytics: Given the rapid growth in data usage worldwide, there is a huge demand for data analysis and management officials in data analytics. Students with an MBA in the respective field can influence decision-making in retail, eCommerce, etc, and are paid an average salary of £84,500 per year.
4. Entrepreneurship: More and more MBA graduates are opting for entrepreneurship roles today, given an MBA provides an all-round knowledge of business and management, and makes aspirants future-ready.
5. Human Resource: Human resources managers implement policies and procedures centred around employees of an organization, and are thus indispensable for any company. The average human resource salary is £57,969 per year.
B. Top Recruiters
Among the top recruiters of MBA graduates as per the GMAC report are Fortune Global 100 companies that encompass healthcare, finance, HR, energy, and consulting industries. Some globally recognized companies that constantly hire MBA graduates are Amazon, McKinsey, JP Morgan, Google, Deloitte, Accenture, Microsoft, TATA Consultancy, Cognizant, Wipro, Infosys, to name a few.
In addition to this, for-profit public companies and large corporations have a considerable requirement of MBA graduates. Even smaller companies, non-profits, and promising startups actively seek MBA graduates to acquire leadership in their industries.
C. Salary after MBA
As is understood, MBA graduates stand to earn higher salaries than individuals with bachelor degrees — which is one of the primary reasons why students opt for higher education after amassing necessary work experience. Based on the specialization students choose, your salary after MBA will vary.
The starting salary of an MBA graduate in the UK is approximately £80,000 or more. The high-end salaries are usually offered to graduates from top colleges like LBS. Thus, as you can see, there’s a wide range in the starting salary of MBA graduates.
It's worth mentioning that an MBA significantly accelerates growth potential and helps professionals climb up the corporate ladder faster.
D. Employment areas
MBA graduates can pursue high-profile jobs in a wide range of fields including investment banking, finance, entrepreneurship, management consulting, product management, human resource, etc. Here are the top sectors for MBA graduates to seek employment opportunities:
- Business Analytics
- Sales and Marketing
- Banking and Finance
- Human Resources
- Information Technology and Systems
- Private Equity
- International Business
- Supply Chain