International Referral Reimbursement Policy
“Friend” means the individual being referred by a Referrer.
“Non-paid Referrer” means an upGrad learner who has neither made a part payment nor full payment towards any upGrad Program and is making the reference. Block payment or caution amount are not considered as a part payment.
“Non-paid Referrer Reward” means the benefits that will be provided to the Non-paid Referrer.
“Paid Referrer” means an upGrad user who has either made a part payment or full payment towards any upGrad Program and is making the reference. Block payment or caution amount are not considered as a part payment.
“Paid Referrer Reward” means the benefits that will be provided to the Paid Referrer.
“Qualified Referral” means a (i) referral is for the Program listed in Table A; and (ii) Friend has made the part payment or full payment, as the case may be and have not withdrawn the enrolment.
“Referrer” means either a Paid Referrer or a Non-paid Referrer.
“Referral Code” is the code generated when the Referrer submits his own application or otherwise in a manner decided by upGrad.
“Reward” means the benefit receivable under this Policy, in the form of cash, vouchers or fee waivers, as the case may be.
2) Eligibility Criteria for this Policy: The Referrer must share her/his Referral Code with the Friend, which in turn must be used/applied by the Friend in his/her sign up /application process at upGrad for a Program. The Referral Code can be added by the Friend in the edit profile section before the application is submitted. upGrad shall not accept the Referral Code any time after the application is submitted by the Friend. The benefit under this Policy can be availed only for the referral of the programs listed in Table A. This Policy will be in force till the end of June 2022.
3) Value & Disbursement of Reimbursement Reward for Qualified Referral:
(i) For Referrer: The value and disbursement of the Reward for Referrer shall be as per the Table A, Table B and other terms of this Policy. The Reward receivable by the Referrer shall be determined on the basis of the Program which the Friend has registered and paid for. For example, if the Referrer has enrolled for SSBM Global Doctor of Business Administration and the Friend is enrolled for the Emory’s Marketing Analytics Professional Certificate, the Referrer and the Friends shall be eligible for a Reward attributable to the Emory’s Marketing Analytics Professional Certificate Program in the table below. Reward will be credited in the Referrer’s bank account within 15 working days from the timeline specified in Table B, provided Referrer has shared the required bank account details on time.
(ii) For Friend: The value of the Reward for Friend shall be as per the discount applicable on his/her Program. The discount availed by the Friend in the form of fee waiver shall be applied at the balance payment stage, and not at the time of block payment. In case the full Program fee is paid by the Friend without adjusting the discount (fee waiver), the Reward amount shall then be processed after deducting TDS as per applicable laws.
Table A: Program wise value of the Reward for Referrer:
Referrer Reward in USD*
(If the Friend has paid in USD, SGD, AED, GBP, EUR, AUD, CA$)
Referrer reward in USD*
(If the Friend has paid in VND, MYR, SAR, IDR, ZAR)
|Name of Program||Paid Referrer||Non-Paid Referrer||Paid Referrer||Non -Paid Referrer|
|SSBM Global Doctor of Business Administration||1200||500||1000||500|
|GGU Doctor of Business Administration||1200||500||1200||500|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA) Liverpool Business School||1000||500||700||500|
|LJMU Master of Science in Data Science||1000||350||700||350|
|Master of Science in Data Science - University of Arizona||1000||500||900||500|
|MBA (Global) | Deakin Business School||1000||500||1000||400|
|GGU Master of Business Administration||1000||500||700||500|
|Executive MBA - SSBM||750||300||750||300|
|Master of Science in Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence LJMU & IITM||750||100||750||100|
|Professional Certificate Program in Data Science and Business Analytics - UoM||700||150||700||150|
|Master of Science in Machine Learning & AI - LJMU||700||350||700||350|
|Master of Science in Computer Science - LJMU||700||350||700||350|
|Wharton- Leadership and Management in New-Age Business||500||150||500||150|
|Executive Post Graduate Program in Software Development - IIITB||500||250||500||250|
|Purdue - Global Cybersecurity Certificate Program||500||250||300||150|
|Purdue- Full Stack Development Certificate Program||500||250||300||150|
|IIITB - Executive PG Program in Data Science||500||100||400||100|
|IIITB - Executive PG Program in Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence||500||100||400||100|
|IIITB - Advanced Programme in Data Science||500||100||400||100|
|Purdue- Cloud Backend Development Certificate Program||500||350||300||250|
|Purdue- Blockchain Certificate Program||400||150||250||100|
|IIITB- Cloud Backend Development Certificate Program||400||150||250||100|
|Duke- Product Management Certification Program||400||100||300||75|
|Emory-Marketing Analytics Professional Certificate||350||100||350||100|
|IITM-Advanced Certification in Machine Learning and Cloud||350||100||250||100|
|IIMK-Professional Certificate Program in Data Science for Business Decision Making||300||200||300||200|
|MSU-Global Master Certificate in Integrated Supply Chain Management||250||100||250||100|
|MSU-Global Master Certificate in Business Analytics||250||100||250||100|
|Advanced Certificate Programme in Blockchain||200||100||135||100|
|Advanced Certificate Programme in Cyber Security||200||100||135||100|
|Advanced certificate program in Cloud Backend Development||200||100||135||100|
|Advanced Certificate Programme in DevOps||200||100||135||100|
|Purdue-Full Stack Development Certificate Program||200||150||135||100|
|IIITB-Advanced Certificate Programme in Data Science||200||100||130||100|
|MICA Advance Certificate in Digital Marketing and Communication||150||50||150||50|
|Advanced Certificate Programme in Machine Learning & NLP||150||100||150||100|
|IMT PG Programme in Management||150||100||150||100|
|MSU-Global Professional Certificate in Effective Leadership & Management||150||100||150||100|
|upGrad-Python Programming Bootcamp||25||25||25||25|
*Reward pay-out will be subject to the applicable TDS requirement of the country of the Referrer or the Friend, as the case may be.
*For all the US Referrers, upGrad will disburse the reward amount subject to 30% TDS in the event of your failure to timely submit the appropriate tax form i.e., W9 or W-8BEN, as the case may be.
Table B: The pay-out eligibility, timeline & value shall be as per the table below:
|Friend||Non-Paid Referrer||Paid Referrer|
|Has made part payment for the Program||Will be eligible for 25% of the Non- Paid Referrer Benefit once the batch starts and the remaining 75% once the Friend makes payment of at least 50% of the Program Fees||Will be eligible 25% of the Paid Referrer Benefit once the batch starts and the remaining 75% once the Friend makes payment of at least 50% of the Program Fees|
|Has made full payment for the Program||Will be eligible for Non-Paid Referrer Benefit once the Friend's Program commences||Will be eligible for 50% of the Paid Referrer Benefit once the Friend makes the full payment and for the remaining 50% once the Friend's Program commences|
4) Fair Usage Requirements:
● This Policy has been designed with a vision to make upskilling a lucrative and economical option for the friends and family members of our learner community. Use of the Referral Code against the spirit of this Policy would result in disqualification and would not be eligible for the corresponding Reward. Further, in such instance, upGrad has a right to block the Referral Code. The decision of upGrad shall be considered final.
● The Referrer must refrain from sharing the Referral Code publicly, such as on social media platforms or with any employee at upGrad or other entity associated with the direct sale of any of upGrad’s Programs for the purpose of getting the code used by upGrad’s prospective learners who the Referrer has no connection with.
● The Referrer shall refrain from misrepresenting the Program or creating a fake account to avail benefits under this Policy.
● To validate fair usage, upGrad will conduct a call-based verification process to understand the connection between the Referrer and Friend.
● The benefits under this Referral Policy cannot be clubbed with any other scholarship/fee waiver or benefits. If you have already availed another benefit, the benefits of this Referral Policy shall not apply. For further clarity, please check with your respective counsellor.
● The referral code usage is limited to five (5) enrolments per quarter. Any exceptions made to the foregoing limit for learners/alumni will be communicated by upGrad.
● The friend who has blocked the seat and has enrolled with upGrad without the referral code or with an incorrect referral code, will not be allowed to modify or add the Referral Code at a later stage to avail the benefits under this Policy.
● Any disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with this Policy shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Mumbai Courts.