Coders are mostly asked to develop cross-platform applications. Due to increased demand and need for cross-platform applications, coders have to select the right platform, and therefore, here we will introduce and compare both of them.
Introduction to Xamarian
Xamarian is an excellent mobile app development technology by Microsoft. This is open-source programming used to develop iOS, Android and Windows applications. Microsoft launched the platform on May 16, 2011. C# developers can take advantage of Xamarian platform. However, it offers the following benefits to app developers:
- Huge Support to Hardware
- Complete Application Development Environment
- Streamlined Maintenance
- Excellent Performance
These features of Xamarian makes it an excellent mobile app development platform.
React Native is a versatile application development technology owned by Facebook. This is an open-source framework used to develop major applications. Developers can build iOS and Android applications with this platform. The system was introduced in March 2015.
- Flexible Development
- Scheduled Architecture
- Hot Reloading
- Instant Libraries and Arrangements
- Simple Mobile Market Entry
So, React Native is equally efficient as Xamarian.
Difference Between Xamarian and React Native
Let us compare React and Xamarian based on the features of both the platforms:
- Xamarian: Xamarian developers have to work on Visual Studio. For developing a versatile application, it is imperative to set up a complete development environment. Visual Studio gives an IDE or Integrated Development Environment, control devices and designs to develop the portable applications.
- React Native: React Native developers can choose any IDE or word processor for developing versatile applications. It offers tons of adaptability. Plenty of IDE tools are available for React Native developers like Sublime Text, Atom, Nuclide, Vim Editor, GNU Emacs Editor, Visual Studio Code and Deco IDE, etc. You can pick any IDE of your choice.
The developers of Xamarian and React Native can get a set of libraries and features to develop a versatile application.
- Xamarian: Xamarian can be used to develop even superior applications. It can use stage-explicit equipment to quicken up the application speed. Xamarian apps, therefore, can give close local presentations.
- React Native: React Native can develop super quick applications that give close local exhibition accomplished through local dialects like Objective-C, Swift and Java. React developers permit the developers to utilize some of the local code pieces to develop the applications; for the rest of the applications, developers can use React Native.
Applications developed on Xamarian or React Native can be compared based on their performance, and it should be the first most tasks to compare the app’s performance.
Checkout: React JS vs Node JS
Support of Community
- Xamarian: Xamarian has great network support, and learners can find plenty of learning material, online courses, instructional exercises and recordings to learn the concepts. Countless blogs and articles are present for Xamarian. Still, many articles and blogs are being posted for the developers. To solve any difficulty, the Xamarian developers can take the help of community members.
- React Native: This framework also has a huge global developer’s network. If anyone wants to learn React Native, they can access plenty of online courses, recorded videos and instructional exercises on the web. You can google and access numerous tools for React Native development.
Market Share Comparison
- Xamarian: Xamarian is used by numerous organizations and many popular businesses, including slack, Honeywell, Cognizant, JetBlue, BOSCH and many more. So, in the market, you can find plenty of business applications of Xamarian.
- React Native: Many startups, small and medium corporations, are using React for developing their business applications. One of the major businesses using React Native for their applications is Bloomberg, Skype, Pinterest, Uber, Tesla, Chop, Vogue, and Facebook Analytics.
Mobile application developers face many unique problems when they test their applications. Testing is a critical aspect of them. Bad testing of the app may result in bad reviews and more bugs in the app. Let us see the tools available to test the Xamarian and React Native app:
- Xamarian: The apps developed in Xamarian can be tested through Microsoft Visual Studio tools only. However, to test for cross-platform compatibility, developers can also use several other tools like NUnit and Xamarian Test Recorder. The apps can be tested by using your own devices. Xamarian Test Cloud application can be used to test the application on a broader range of devices.
- React Native: Testing the components of React Native is quite a smoother process if you choose and select the right tool. PropTypes testing app is a static type testing tool developed by React team. The tool can be easily used without any setup.
Also Read: React native vs React Js
Feature Comparison Chart of React Native and Xamarian
|GUI||Developers have to use native UI controllers||Developers use Native UI controllers|
|Use Cases||Simple Applications||All Applications|
|Supported Platforms||iOS, Android, WPF, MacOS, UWP||iOS, Android and Web Apps|
|OS Features||Full Support||Several plugins with different features|
|Market Support||Strong||Very Strong|
Final Comparison and Selection
To select and choose any one of them, investigate and examine several other related factors like improvement time, execution, well-defined structure, and many more this way, you will be able to find the right platform for your business. Moreover, the selection of any of these platforms also depends on your team’s experience and their previously-handled projects. We can say that both of these technologies can do wonders, and cross-platform application development can be made easier through both.
If you’re interested to learn more about full-stack software development, check out upGrad & IIIT-B’s PG Diploma in Full-stack Software Development which is designed for working professionals and offers 500+ hours of rigorous training, 9+ projects, and assignments, IIIT-B Alumni status, practical hands-on capstone projects & job assistance with top firms.