In a growing organisation like UpGrad, hiring is one of the biggest challenges. It is important to hire a lot of people, but there should never be any compromise on the quality of the team you are looking to build. We are currently looking to hire a lot of members of the content team at UpGrad.
So, what are the characteristics we keep an eye out for while hiring in the content team?
- Individuals who take ownership and responsibility. Designing and creating academic content is not an easy task and ownership is one of the most important qualities.
Enjoy Learning and Writing
- People who enjoy learning new content (You get paid for it here!). 🙂
- The ability to grasp the new content. This is very important as most of our programs are on upcoming technologies, analytics, best practices in management, etc. If you feel you have a knack to learn new concepts easily, being part of the content team would be easy and vice-versa.
- If you enjoy storytelling, it is likely that you will enjoy teaching and design online content because a lot of us feel that the storytelling is similar to teaching.
Passion for Online Education
- Empathy is the key. Individuals who understand the challenges of online education and think of solutions to improve on them are good fits.
- A passion and knack for teaching are important. Individuals who have taught in some form or the other and can constantly think of better ways to explain concepts will do well in this role.
- Even if you have not had prior teaching experience, but feel that you have the ability to explain things in a simple and lucid manner, then you have a good shot at this role in content team. Remember that for effective educators, simplicity is a massive tool in their arsenal.
- One needs to be obsessed with continuously enhancing and optimising the learning experience of students.
Latest posts by Onkar Shaligram (see all)
- What Does UpGrad's Content Team Look for While Hiring? - December 11, 2017