These days, the global market is dynamic and unpredictable in its trends, technology, and tactics. Such uncertainty intensifies the competition between brands and helps them to adapt strategies based on data-driven results and analytics. These digital marketing strategies help brands to expand and target customers across many direct and indirect channels.
Some of these methods include SEO marketing, content marketing, e-mail marketing, lead generation, and sales. However, each of these mediums comes with unique functionalities that can help you attain numerous financial and value-based benefits when done right.
Let’s go through each of these processes in detail.
In its most primary form, e-mail marketing refers to the process of curating personalized e-mails for your customers, elaborating on your utilities. From custom products to the latest service updates, these are one of the most popular direct mediums that help you to stay in touch with your customer on a personal level. Newsletters are often instrumental in building lasting relationships with your customers, sometimes entirely customized according to their preferences.
With over 4400% return on investments (ROI) on average, e-mail marketing generally by a brand (big or small), is a valid customer relationship management (CRM) tool. Counted as one of the all-encompassing digital marketing strategies, e-mail marketing is the most reliable method to generate leads and drive traffic to your website via potential customers. Here are some other handy, insightful statistics about e-mail marketing that can prove convenient…
- About 49% of your customer e-mails are opened on mobile devices. Therefore, ensuring e-mails are optimized for smartphones would increase the effectiveness of your message.
- Around 74% of marketers believe that e-mail marketing leads to an increase in customer engagement.
- Custom-made e-mails have a 6x higher transaction rate and, therefore, need to be used more often.
- Near about 91% of users check their e-mails at least once in a day. Sending out rich, insightful e-mails may help in establishing an end-to-end customer relationship.
- Nearly 54% of all e-mails are considered to be spam. Your e-mails must abide by the anti-spam rules and have a meaningful subject, with an unsubscribe CTA and brand name attached at the bottom of it.
- Close to 88% of all customers seek transparency about their shared personal information with your brand. Therefore, sending them bulk, unsolicited e-mails would make them unsubscribe and frustrate potential customers. As a brand, you need to send relevant e-mails and meaningful newsletters one at a time.
The best part about e-mail marketing is that it can be entirely customized as and when required. Therefore, offer an individual touch to your approach, one way or the other. Over time, such personalization gradually develops into customer loyalty that can add value to your brand online.
Conversion Rate Optimization
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) refers to the meticulous processes involved in increasing the number of online visitors to complete any action like filling in a contact form. It is through the help of the CRO method that you get to understand the activity of your users over the website, elements that are keeping them intrigued, etc. These are generally done in the form of heatmaps, to focus on the key interest areas for your customers, A/B testing, and more.
With technology-driven CRO activities, your overall conversion rate shall also increase as well as help you follow the best practices in the industry. The following digital marketing statistics about the importance of CRO would help you learn more about it:
- About 86% of customers prefer watching visual content like videos on landing pages, thus observing a significant boost in conversions. Therefore, it is crucial to keep your website rich in meaningful content.
- Despite the importance of having sufficient CRO statistics, more than 68% of small businesses don’t follow any solid-customer rate optimization strategy.
- Adding up any custom call to action (CTA) can help drive 42% more visitors to your online website. Therefore, make sure your CRO strategies include relevant CTAs.
- The worst thing that you can include in your CRO strategy is to ask your customers to provide their contact number. Since customers aren’t keen on sharing sensitive personal details, it can lead them away from your brand.
Effective CRO methods can help in achieving targets in optimal time settings as well as expand your understanding of your customers better. An absolute must-have, these statistics need to be followed thoroughly.
E-Commerce and SEO
Following each other closely in digital marketing statistics, search engine optimization (SEO) refers to the proven, formula-backed methods that can improve the overall brand visibility and everyday traffic to your website. It helps in distributing rich content across trusted platforms and gaining customer trust online, leading to conversions. As e-Commerce has penetrated deep into the shopping habits of customers across the world, several intricate details need to be learned carefully. A few of them are:
- Over 72% of brand marketers reveal that meaningful content development is their crucial SEO tactic, as it helps your brand to reach a newer audience. Therefore, if you are trying to make a mark on your customer’s mind, it can only be done via thought-provoking content.
- Google alone receives more than 77,000 searches in a second. Imagine, how many people might stumble upon your brand when they are searching with the right keyword? Therefore, your SEO strategy needs to develop the latest, updated methods to target essential keywords and prepare accordingly.
- Around 2.05 billion people are online buyers and therefore, need to be provided with customized services and products for better engagement. If your business is not online yet, you are surely missing out on the massive demographic of millennials and baby boomers as customers.
With the rise in the number of mobile users globally, m-Commerce plays a significant role in generating sales and conversions for brands online. Optimized carefully, millennials mostly seek convenience shopping available at all times. As a brand, your strategy needs to cater to such customers who have substantial potential in achieving better conversions.
The analytics represent crucial insights about the working and the importance of m-Commerce. Some of them are:
- Around 5.16 mobile users in the world can have access to your brand online. Therefore, ensure that your mobile website is optimized, rich in detail, and more, accordingly.
- An ordinary person spends more than 3.5 hours of the day on his/her mobile phone (the numbers are higher for millennials). Therefore, to keep them engaged across all platforms, and generate CTAs accordingly, your brand must have a strong customer base online to attract more traffic.
That was all about developing the right digital marketing strategies, taking from the observed statistics.
If you wish to explore and become an expert in Digital Marketing, check out MICA and upGrad’s Digital Marketing Certificate Program. Become an expert in social media marketing, content marketing, branding, marketing analysis, and PR.